Xigmatek Gigas mATX Case Review

bp9801

Hmm, not really a fan. It seems to have tried to copy the Lian Li style and missed.

To me it looks like it could be MUCH smaller and still fit all the same gear, looks like a fair bit of wasted space inside.

If you wanted a small LAN rig this looks nice though - up to 6 HDDs, two 5.25" bays, 2 SSDs, LONG video cards, and full ATX PSU mounting. You could pack a lot of punch in it and still carry it around.

That said, I think it's ugly and too expensive. :lol:

If you wanted a small LAN rig this looks nice though - up to 6 HDDs, two 5.25" bays, 2 SSDs, LONG video cards, and full ATX PSU mounting. You could pack a lot of punch in it and still carry it around.

That said, I think it's ugly and too expensive. :lol:

My lian li ITX case holds 6 hdds +3 ssds, long gpus (mine fits a 580 with heaps to spare, will probably take a 6990, full atx PSU, the only thing this has on it is the 5.25" bays. Oh, and the entire case weighs less than 3 kg

Passes the, ah, kitten test.

No mention of intake fan filters.

Would have prefered to see this as an mATX build, just most ITX are intended for smaller cases.

How does it compare with the Thermaltake ARMOR 30, for example.

I do not see this as particularly finished. Functional enough, can not get excited about the dvd slot covers, would likely fill them anyway. A drawer in one might have been a nice feature. Or a card reader/USB3 Panel.

Reminds me why I like the Rosewill Ranger-M, has absolutely nothing going for it, but, if your build is not too ambitious the price is irresistable.

Haven't assembled the Armor 30 yet.

See Home Depot for cable ties and velcro strips and tape for cable management. I expect an unsleeved power supply's leads might "route' easiest.

Edited by ohldboy

I don't like the chassis. No inbuilt card reader, only 1 USB3 and above all there are many other ITX cabinets around with higher space. Moreover people who want to build small system, will build itx system instead of matx system. And at last price kills everything IMO.

Although I would appropriate the afford made by bluepanda while doing this review.