• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hokahey

Hokahey

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a good Java programming book recommendation. I wish to learn it. I have knowledge of C++, Visual Basic, and Python, so I have basic object-oriented computer programming knowledge already. I'd like to work with Java because many jobs out there now require it. So I want kind of an intermediate Java programming book recommendation, or a website that rates the best books. I thank any and all responses.

Thank you.

P.S. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Edited by Hokahey, 27 June 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#2 freddie

freddie

Up the Arsenal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

My advice is don't stick to one resource. 

Stack Overflow is a great site for all programming related questions, wouldn't have passed my Java based unit without it.

Java for Dummies gave me a good foundation and the Oracle website helped a lot also when learning new concepts, theres plenty of examples and tutorials there.

Good Luck

#3 kyfire

kyfire

The Hi-Tech Redneck

• Folding Member
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Check out Code Academy http://www.codecadem...#!/exercises/0  It's an excellent site offering FREE online coding classes covering various languages including Java, Phython, Ruby, JQuery, HTML & CSS

CASE: Cooler Master HAF X full tower MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3 CPU: AMD FX 6300 COOLER: Asetek 570LX 240MM MEM: 2x4gig Kingston Hyper X 1600MHz
HDD: WD Cavair Black 500gig GPU: EGA Nivida GTX 650 2gig Monitor:Dual Acer 21.5 1920x1080 PSU: Corsair CX500 V2

#4 jamesy

jamesy

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

i have this one from college called " a course in programming with java wit tony mullins " very detailed and comes with full examples and tests