Sapphire Pure Platinum Z77K Review

color wise it's really looking like an old board, Pure Black series looks much better. Sapphire aquired some ex EVGA mobo development staff few years ago when they switched to producing motherboards, so I'm looking forward for their products, so far it looks good, well except that color for this time

Butt ugly board, but pretty impressive performance for a $149 dollar board - plus a very good feature set to boot. Not a bad effort IMHO.

A couple misses if I were choosing the board for myself - no eSATA :) and only six SATA ports. Add one eSATA and two more SATA ports and I wouldn't mind owning that board - even if the PCB looks like it was made from something I scrapped out of the grandbaby's diaper.

Well lets be real here a lot of people do get all e-woody about the side window in their case so the color DOES matter to some extent. Right now I can tell you it is not easy to find the motherboards they make, that is a killer to me.

As for the no esata that is not as big a deal as people seem to think. There are actually not all that many people that use esata, heck most do not bother with USB3 devices.

Edited by ComputerEd

If it came down to looks or performance , performance wins. Plus when the board is not illuminated with a flash and is stashed in the case you won't be able to see the real color of the PCB. Add in a large air cooler and add in cards and you really do not see it at all. Hell all I see on a board I am working on right now is the red lighting

Forgot to mention in the first post: price wise it is a very good board. Availability as well as reliability may be an issue though.

As noted in an earlier post reliability should not be an issue. Sapphire builds most of AMDs reference boards and they brought on a large chunk of EVGA's motherboard team. They have production and reliability down pact.