10 replies to this topic

#1 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7798 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

We are back with another Cooler Master mechanical keyboard that should please more people. Find out why in the OCC review of the CM Storm Trigger Keyboard - http://www.overclock..._storm_trigger/

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3.6GHz - ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO - EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB
G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 - OCZ Agility 4 128GB SSD - Seagate 500GB + 750GB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Sennheiser HD-280 Pro + HD-555 - Thermolab BARAM 2010 - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
OCC E3 2013 Awards
fqIbpPl.png

#2 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Even the sun goes down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6300 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

I don't like the grayish cover, and the mini-USB cable attachment, but otherwise, looks like they did everything else right. I wish you could choose your backlight color, too.

#3 CheeseMan42

CheeseMan42

Certified NVIDIA Fanboy

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3627 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

DO want! :wub:

i7 950 @ ??? | Noctua NH-D14 | ASUS Sabretooth X58 | 4x2GB GSkill Ripjaws | Palit 460 GTX Sonic 1GB | 64GB Kingston SSDNow + 128GB Kingston SSDNow | Corsair 750TX | CM Stacker 830 | Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium | Sennheiser HD555 | Microsoft Habu | CM Quick Fire Rapid
Foxconn HTPC - AMD E350 APU | 4GB RAM || Samsung Chromebook || Google Nexus 7

Steam | Xfire | For Sale Thread | OCC Steam Group | Follow OCC on Posted Image
Gr4vitas (3/18/09) - So moral of the story is. Vista 64 bit makes me happy in the pants.

#4 ajt_leo2002

ajt_leo2002

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

I don't understand how you used the o-rings to quiet down the keys. I may have missed it in the review, but I've read each page several times and only see it mentioned in the conclusions. Can you provide more details about that?

#5 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5229 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

I don't understand how you used the o-rings to quiet down the keys. I may have missed it in the review, but I've read each page several times and only see it mentioned in the conclusions. Can you provide more details about that?

Google is your friend :P o rings are often used to Quieten mechanical keyboards.

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#6 BluePanda

BluePanda

Lab Rat

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2178 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Google is your friend :P o rings are often used to Quieten mechanical keyboards.

Stonerboy said it right there.

Rubber o-rings can be placed on the backsides of the keys to help quiet down the clicky claky-ness of the keyboard. It really just prevents the keys from hitting the bottom where it's plastic on plastic causing the click clack. It doesn't completely deaden the sound but it does make a huge difference.

I'd been wanting to try out the o-ring method for awhile, this keyboard was definitely the one for it.

Here's some more information on them if you want to "hear" a difference. :D link

#7 Muchoman1

Muchoman1

De-railer of threads, Destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1562 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Nice review, I'm liking how many mechanical keyboards are coming out these days, can only mean better prices as the supply of them goes up

Also, I want to see the box fort you have made with all those case and keyboard boxes.

Don't lie, I know there is one

The Hive 
               i7 3930k @ 5GHz 24/7   32Gb Corsair Dominator @ 1866MHz 
                    Asus Rampage IV Extreme    3x EVGA 670 FTW @ 1300MHz Core boost
256Gb Crucial M4 - Boot Drive  4x2Tb HDD Raid 5 - Data Storage 
CPU, Motherboard, GPU and RAM watercooled  by MIPS and Heatkiller 
Heavily Modified XSPC Cube Case 

#8 BluePanda

BluePanda

Lab Rat

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2178 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

Nice review, I'm liking how many mechanical keyboards are coming out these days, can only mean better prices as the supply of them goes up

Also, I want to see the box fort you have made with all those case and keyboard boxes.

Don't lie, I know there is one

Thanks...

To be honest -- a lot of the cases go right back in the boxes after I'm done with the review. I've got so many it's a not stop process of testing, swapping and testing another. I've got a bunch of cases stacked up at the moment and to be honest -- all the keyboard boxes are about gone -- people call dibbs as soon as the reviews go up.

If anyone is really enjoying the box "fort" it's my cat...haha

#9 bishop245

bishop245

So broke I can't even pay attention.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9806 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

Nice review Blue :)

What makes people like the mechanical keyboards so much more than the membrane style that is so much quieter with out additional o rings.

#10 d6bmg

d6bmg

BMG FTW!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4120 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

Another nice review @BluePanda.
I don't like the white color of this keyboard. Another point I would like to mention is the misplacement of mini-usb port. It would be better is they came up with v2 or something like that even without that mini-usb port.

boozei.gif

#11 ajt_leo2002

ajt_leo2002

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:36 AM

Stonerboy said it right there.

Rubber o-rings can be placed on the backsides of the keys to help quiet down the clicky claky-ness of the keyboard. It really just prevents the keys from hitting the bottom where it's plastic on plastic causing the click clack. It doesn't completely deaden the sound but it does make a huge difference.

I'd been wanting to try out the o-ring method for awhile, this keyboard was definitely the one for it.

Here's some more information on them if you want to "hear" a difference. :D link

Thanks for the info, BP. I did google this yesterday before I saw your link, but I will check out the video/audio/flash whatever that the WASD site contains when I go home and can view the video/audio/flash whatever.
Work does not allow me to view video/audio/flash whatevers. I am sad. But happy.