OCC Reviews the Thermaltake Bigwater 760 Plus CPU Cooler

Nemo

Very nice review airman!

Pretty slick and sexy little cooling system. I was curious do you know if you added a GPU Water-block Heatsink to that system if it would be powerful enough and possibly keep the system cool enough with it?

I know in your review you made it sound like the pump had more than enough power for the CPU.

How well did it cool with the fan on low? It seems like it'd eventually dump quite a bit of heat into the case as well...but at least it's a step up from the old TT Bigwater. :P

• Like 1

How well did it cool with the fan on low? It seems like it'd eventually dump quite a bit of heat into the case as well...but at least it's a step up from the old TT Bigwater. :P

Maybe 1 or 2 degrees hotter under load, same at idle.

Very nice review airman!

Pretty slick and sexy little cooling system. I was curious do you know if you added a GPU Water-block Heatsink to that system if it would be powerful enough and possibly keep the system cool enough with it?

I know in your review you made it sound like the pump had more than enough power for the CPU.

I truly doubt it - at least with a CPU in the loop. Keep in mind it's only a single 120mm rad ;)

Maybe 1 or 2 degrees hotter under load, same at idle.

Hm. That's impressive considering how dense that radiator looks.

Still...I don't think I'd ever buy it. :lol: There's just too much performance left on the table especially given the price tag.

I truly doubt it - at least with a CPU in the loop. Keep in mind it's only a single 120mm rad ;)

Oh, I did not even think about that.

It's been a while since I looked at Watercooling.

You said in the review it was a closed system, so we would not have to worry about the water evaporating right?

I have a buddy who wants to do WC. Not in to Overclocking or anything, just wants a reliable WC setup.

Nice review but could you include stock air when you do these? While you referenced other setups "45c" doesn't mean much to anyone stepping into cooling and would really shed light on all the coolers and there value to have a stock stock comparison.

Nice review but could you include stock air when you do these? While you referenced other setups "45c" doesn't mean much to anyone stepping into cooling and would really shed light on all the coolers and there value to have a stock stock comparison.

It is a large difference on stock cooling :)

I suppose if we ask nicely airman could dig out a stock cooler from the many I am sure he has. Possibly even put in am extra little bit that compares stock and aftermarket tim with the stock cooler.

• Like 1