Laptop HDD

dario_92

I seem to be getting a message on boot up from my laptop, it says BOOT MGR IS MISSING, press CTRL ALT DEL to restart. I have changed nothing on the laptop, i shut it down last night, not moved it from my desk and went to turn it on today and i got this.

Does anyone know how i can fix this ? thanks.

I only got the laptop at christmas, and i have plugged it into my pc and i cannot boot from it on the pc either

Dont try and boot from it. :pfp:

Put it in as a second drive. Boot the system normally. Go to the website of who ever makes it and download there diagnostic tools.

Hard drives can fail after a few hours of use. So how old it is just means if its covered under warranty or not.

Just boot from a windows CD/DVD and choose 'Repair your computer' or something similar to that and you're good to go :cheers:

I followed your order and this worked, thanks alot. I had 1 years worth of college work on that too :cry: so i would not of been happy if i lost it :doh: Once again, thanks you :cheers:

I followed your order and this worked, thanks alot. I had 1 years worth of college work on that too :cry: so i would not of been happy if i lost it :doh: Once again, thanks you :cheers:

Great to hear it works :biggrin:

I think you better backup your drive just in case :happy: