AMD Performance Edition 8GB Memory Review

bp9801

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Black gold saw.

I got a kit of this coming in from Either sapphire tech or AMD. (I won the facebook drawing)

So i might keep em or sell me.. I don't know which..

Not that this is bad RAM or anything but with the exception of allowing people to have an all AMD system this makes no sense. AMD has tried to claim that they bring an expertise to the market with this, sorry but there has been great RAM for a long time and this is not moving the bar in any way. If you are building an AMD based system want to say you have an AMD motherboard, RAM, CPU and GPU, even cooler then now you can but that is all this really brings.

I don't see why anyone would buy this unless they really just want an AMD only rig...but they'd look awful funny in an Intel rig when they upgrade. :lol:

I'd rather have 1.5v memory over tighter timings. :)

Question - Do you have to increase voltage for tighter timings? My 450 PSU got fried and I'm using the original 300W? I'm not using the PC anymore but it does need a small boost..

Edited by Dan The Gamer

Its choices like this that is going to kill AMD.

Whomever made the decision at AMD to jump into memory should be fired. With awesome moves like this AMD will be out of business in a few years :rolleyes:

Good deal for Patriot for sure, but not very smart on AMD's part as a business move.

Its choices like this that is going to kill AMD.

Whomever made the decision at AMD to jump into memory should be fired. With awesome moves like this AMD will be out of business in a few years :rolleyes:

Good deal for Patriot for sure, but not very smart on AMD's part as a business move.

I had the very same initial thought Dave. but then wondered if this is something that they really never have to touch. It's not as if they made an acquisition.They just 'carry the paper' on as it were.As hyper competitive,low margin market as memory is. You slap your label on a known entity like Patriot, (probably got a great deal) have someone distribute it and sell it to AMD fans who like errrr symmetry.

Even support is handled by Patriot "Built and supported by Patriot Memory,LLC: [email protected] 800.800.9600"

I don't see a down side for them in this.