#1 WARDOZERX

WARDOZERX

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

-.-

Edited by WARDOZERX, 25 April 2012 - 09:01 PM.

Play Gang Garrison 2 http://ganggarrison.com/ The most fun you will ever have with 8-bit entertainment :D

#2 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15070 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

Do you want to trade for just the board or a board and CPU? That's a bit much asking for a much newer board/CPU with such old hardware.

If you are trading for just the board I do have a few X3 720s laying around I'd make you a deal for. :biggrin:

Posted Image

Booyah.

#3 WARDOZERX

WARDOZERX

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Well, considering the e6700 is faster than the Athlon II x2 260 at the same clock speed and my board supports full three way x16 Sli along with a boatload of other features not found on many mAtx boards I think it's about fair.

I know my board alone is worth at least $75. The CPU another $40 - $50 so I fail to see how asking for $60 - $90 worth of slower hardware for my $100 - $125 worth of hardware is an unfair deal.

My board does after all support up to 16gb of DDR3, all 775 CPU's from the lowly P4's to the fastest quad-cores and full support for 3x video cards at full x16 bandwidth. If anything, this would be a hell of a chance for a folder to upgrade a lowly folding machine to something with more promise as I'm sure the e6700 which should easily hit 4ghz along with 3x GPU's would destroy whatever you could get out of a 3.6 - 3.8ghz OC'd AM3 CPU and a single GPU.

Given an FM1 setup may possibly be stretching it but thats just something I'd like to get but not what I'm dead set on at all.

Long story short. I know I have more speed in my board/cpu than what I'm asking for and I'm willing to take the loss in speed to gain the ability to hold off on purchasing a video card while I use the integrated video to buy me time to afford a better GFX card. If I am unable to downgrade I'll likely just fill the board up with 9800GT 1gb cards for cheap speed.

Edited by WARDOZERX, 09 April 2012 - 07:05 PM.

Play Gang Garrison 2 http://ganggarrison.com/ The most fun you will ever have with 8-bit entertainment :D

#4 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15070 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

I think you're being awful optimistic but good luck! :cheers:

Posted Image

Booyah.

#5 WARDOZERX

WARDOZERX

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Found another one of the sata cables so it's only missing one now and I added the pic's.