#1 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Even the sun goes down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6594 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Attached File  USPS_Fail.png   53.56KB   89 downloads

Looks like they missent it to the destination, and now they missent it to the return address... now I got no idea where they're sending it, and neither do they. :pfp:

IT WAS ALL THE WAY TO ALAMEDA, CA WHERE IT WAS SUPPOSED BE! And the government wonders why USPS is losing money...

What I like most is that it took like a week to get to Alameda, CA from my location, but it took 2 days to get it back here.

Good thing I got insurance on the package.

#2 MJCRO

MJCRO

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Haha wow that's an epic fail.

#3 flareback

flareback

justified through faith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

nice. :lol:
Primary Rig - Intel core i7 920 | Gigabyte EX58 UD4P | 6 GB DDR3 1333 | Sapphire Radeon HD 4850
Secondary Rig - 20 inch iMac | 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2 GB DDR2 RAM
Mobile Rig - Asus Eee pc 1000 - 1.6Ghz intel atom | 40Gig SSD | Ubuntu Netbook Remix

#4 dragonsdontfly

dragonsdontfly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

So when is this country going to do away with USPS and go fully privatized?

I mean out government wants to privatize prisons and get the government out of it, but they don't want to get out of their horrible postal service..

Sound a little backwards to anyone but me?

#5 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*

ANTITHAT

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4505 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

I mean out government wants to privatize prisons and get the government out of it, but they don't want to get out of their horrible postal service..

Possibly when they can't make any money off USPS anymore. I'm not sure, but I'll bet the post office is currently set up like the patent office was. Before the America Invents act (which isn't perfect but a lot better) the money the USPTO made was not theirs to keep but would be part of the entire federal budget. Basically, they didn't get to make any profit because whatever revenue there is above their costs gets pulled away and put to something else. If the USPS is the same then it isn't hard to see why it does not improve because success and innovation gets them nothing.
Also, I'm pretty sure in-office politicians are allowed to mail things for free with the post office currently. If you privatize it, they may lose that, so guess who is never going to vote for privatization.

Processor: AMD A10-5800K @4.40 GHz (44.0x100)
Cooling: Corsair H110
Motherboard: ASUS F2A85-M PRO
GPU: EVGA GTX 770 2 GB
PhysX: EVGA GTX 570 1280 MB
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x8 GB (32 GB total) at 1866 MHz 10-10-10-27
PSU: OCZ Fata1ty 750 W
Guest_Jim_*.jpg

Needs more tigers.

Steam Inventory. Let me know if something interests you.

#6 flareback

flareback

justified through faith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

While I think it would be better to get rid of the post office, it would be a bit of a hassle. It is in the US Constitution for there to be postal service.
Primary Rig - Intel core i7 920 | Gigabyte EX58 UD4P | 6 GB DDR3 1333 | Sapphire Radeon HD 4850
Secondary Rig - 20 inch iMac | 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2 GB DDR2 RAM
Mobile Rig - Asus Eee pc 1000 - 1.6Ghz intel atom | 40Gig SSD | Ubuntu Netbook Remix

#7 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5269 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Miss sending imo was my parcel from the states that went to Germany then back to the us to travel around some more before going to aus.

med_gallery_78215_532_67141.png

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#8 jdm_freek

jdm_freek

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

try ups i have complained many times with no results
i get packages sent from newegg evga and tiger and i always click the sign to receive and put a not on door to knock loud
and the just drop my packages and run one of these times im going to file a lost package claim

Amd FX-8350

Corsair H80i

Msi 970 Gaming

2x4GB Crucial Ddr3 1866

Evga 600b

WD 750gb

WD 3tb

Win 7

#9 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15405 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

USPS has been run as a private enterprise for years now. They're profitable. :cheers:

sig.png

GTX 770 replaced with watercooled GTX780...but too lazy to change the sig.

#10 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20517 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Sorry to hear that Capi....I personally love USPS though, they offer the best prices when shipping and seem to be quite fast (Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes FTW). If UPS and FedEx had competitive pricing I wouldn't mind USPS going away

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970
Memory: Patriot 8GB 1600mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Razer Tarantula | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#11 Speedway

Speedway

IRL is back, Go Penske!

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2265 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Sorry to hear that Capi....I personally love USPS though, they offer the best prices when shipping and seem to be quite fast (Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes FTW). If UPS and FedEx had competitive pricing I wouldn't mind USPS going away

This! I still think it is odd that they are the cheapest and fastest both, but I'm not complaining :) I have used them for a few years now and have yet to have an issue. Sorry to hear you are Capi!

Life Begins @ 220mph

I7 2600K - ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z - 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz - ASUS GTX 680- (2) Corsair Force GT 120GB SSDs RAID 0 - (2) 750GB WD Black HDDs RAID 0 - 900W Tagan BZ Series - U2-UFO

Dual Loop Water Cooling - Koolance RP-452X2 - CPU -> Koolance CPU-360 - Thermochill TA 120.3 - Liang D5 GPU -> D5 - XSPC RX360 - Koolance VID-NX680

The Cube Build Log - Update Coming

Guide for Unlocking MSi Afterburner

Heatware

#12 FUZi0N

FUZi0N

Nodrod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Everytime I see posts about a postal service I always think of the movie The Postman lol "Post-apocalyptic America. What begins as a con game becomes one man's quest to rebuild civilization by resuming postal service. "

Edited by FUZi0N, 07 April 2012 - 09:34 PM.

Josh

Corsair 500R

Asus Maximus Hero VI

i7 4770k w/ Corsair H100

G.skill Trident X 2x8gb

EVGA GTX670 SC

Corsair HX1050 PSU

Kingston SSD 120GB OS

Western Digital 1TB Storage