20 replies to this topic

#13 vandreadstriker

vandreadstriker

N.Z.R.X

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

My friend just got a MacBook Pro a few hours ago after ignoring my advices.
Can't wait to tell her this :evilgrin:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

-Olden Golden-

AMD Phenom II X4 20 BE | ASRock M3A790GXH/128M | 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL8 | Palit GTX460 Sonic 2GB | FSP 600W | Xigmatek Achilles S1284W

#14 Speedway

Speedway

IRL is back, Go Penske!

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2265 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

"Oh but Mac hardware is so awesome and it never fails" Typical Mac user response. It is also funny that the other typical response was "but macs never get viruses and spyware" HAHAHA

My favorite, is when they refuse to believe you when you tell them the hardware is the freaking same as a PC, they just paid 3x as much for a different OS :lol:

+1 100% of Mac users are too dumb to even care if they got a trojan. "Trojan? Condoms?.. why are you talking about condoms and my Mac bro?" :lol:

What you didn't know that if you get a Mac and take it to an "uppity" coffee shop w/ WiFi that it will get you laid?

Life Begins @ 220mph

I7 2600K - ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z - 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz - ASUS GTX 680- (2) Corsair Force GT 120GB SSDs RAID 0 - (2) 750GB WD Black HDDs RAID 0 - 900W Tagan BZ Series - U2-UFO

Dual Loop Water Cooling - Koolance RP-452X2 - CPU -> Koolance CPU-360 - Thermochill TA 120.3 - Liang D5 GPU -> D5 - XSPC RX360 - Koolance VID-NX680

The Cube Build Log - Update Coming

Guide for Unlocking MSi Afterburner

Heatware

#15 d3bruts1d

d3bruts1d

Posting Nut

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9957 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

The funny thing is, this version actually exploits a flaw in JAVA rather than OS X. It's only complicated by the fact that Apple releases their own JAVA updates rather than relying on updates directly from Oracle. So you have 2 problems really...
First - Users that do not pay attention to what they were installing or the sites they visit; or running as administrator. These same issues occur with Windows with and without UAC.
Second - The lack of updating a 3rd party program (JAVA) in a reasonable amount of time. Again, not just an OS X issue though Apple did make this worse by doing their own release.

This isn't the first piece of malware for OS X and it certainly won't be the last.

+1 100% of Mac users are too dumb to even care if they got a trojan. "Trojan? Condoms?.. why are you talking about condoms and my Mac bro?" :lol:

Careful... before a "too dumb Mac user" unleashes his wrath. ;) :ph34r: :P

The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily represent that of OverclockersClub.com, its affiliates or sponsors.
If you enjoy my ramblings you may want to visit my blog, follow me on Twitter, or friend me on Facebook.

#16 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11555 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

Careful... before a "too dumb Mac user" unleashes his wrath. ;) :ph34r: :P

I figured you or Kash would chime in and set everyone straight.
:lol:

ona5.png

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#17 Il_napoletano

Il_napoletano

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

+1 90% of Mac users are too dumb to even care if they got a trojan. "Trojan? Condoms?.. why are you talking about condoms and my Mac bro?" :lol:

EDITED to agree....because I am not one of the above!!!!

Cooler Master Haf 932
Asus P6T SE
Intel i7 950 @ stock
12GB Corsair Vengence 1866mhz

XFX 6970 2GB @1600x1200px atm

Samsung 830 120GB SSD 

WD Raptor 10k rpm

Segate barracuda 750GB
64x Windows 7 Ultimate

#18 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20073 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

"Trojan? Condoms?.. why are you talking about condoms and my Mac bro?" :lol:

Yeah they'd never put those two words together because when Apple bends it's customers over, it does so bareback. ZING! :teehee:

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P6TD Deluxe | Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970
Memory: Patriot 12GB 1600mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: *Debranded* HP 24" 2408H | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Razer Tarantula | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#19 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Am I doing it right?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Tjj226_Angel

Tjj226_Angel

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2526 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

See here is what happened. Long ago, Steve Jobs sacrificed his market share of Microsoft at stone henge and cursed Microsoft. But now that Mr. Jobs is dead, the magic is gone. Now Macs are just shiny versions of a dell.

#21 Phil

Phil

im in ur fieldz, hooverin ur swardz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2714 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

Am I doing it right?

Posted Image

Yes, good job.
The real cow king.

Posted Image

Antec P182, Asus Commando Green MB, Intel Core2 Quad 2.66 Ghz, Freezer 7 Pro CPU cooler, Corsair DDR2, nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX OC, 2 WD Raptors 160GB, CoolerMaster 750W PS