2 replies to this topic

#1 bigball1

bigball1

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

I have been meaning to put this up here for months.

So i got a sub for my home theater system for christmas and was setting it up by watching some movies. so after a few movies l noticed that the movies where really clear. I normally use media center on my HTPC. But for testing i was just using media player.

During playback i noticed that the movies where nice and dark, so i open up media center and play the same movie. It was like a bright setting was turned up.

So i removed my codex. Tried to play a movie both ways and both failed. Which was just testing to make sure they where using the same codex.
Update my codex and the same think is happening.

Now i just use media player to watch my movie as l have a nice lenovo wireless mouse i bought from itsernst, here a few months ago. I use to use a media center remote.

So why is this happening?

Here is a link to a screen shot

Edited by Bigball1, 27 March 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#2 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20325 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Idk, have you tried any other players for comparison sake? (VLC or Media Player Classic+ Codec Pack)

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P6TD Deluxe | Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970
Memory: Patriot 12GB 1600mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: *Debranded* HP 24" 2408H | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Razer Tarantula | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#3 bigball1

bigball1

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

Media player classic works the same as media player. Nice and dark.

Just wondering why Media Center is as dark.