Don't you love it when someone trys to screw you over.....

Stonerboy779

Well yet again today had the ISP Screwing around and trying to cheat us on promises they had made.

Recently got my dad to call up to get our Internet plan details changed because what we where paying for was no longer reflecting the current offerings.

After a very unhelpful service rep that almost had dad leaving our ISP we got to someone that was more than happy to help. In the end we ended up adding $5 to our monthly bill.

This ment we went from 120GB of Internet data (50Gb peak and 70Gb off peak) as well as unlimited national calls to landline and mobiles. To the same unlimited calls and now 500GB of Internet data with no peak times.

Our speed was also ment to increase from the virtually Docsis 1.0 speeds to full Docsis 3.0 speeds. On the change of plan our speeds doubled and we were maxing out our crappy Docsis 2.0 modem.

So they then send out a new (2007 model) netgear Docsis 2.0 cable modem/router.

Now we are calling to get it sent back for the router that will supply the speeds we are paying for.

Although one good thing did arrive which was the MeTV which was largely sent to keep us as customers.

A triple FullHD Tuner/PVR with Internet TV and networking capabilities and a Seagate 1TB HDD.

Here is hoping they don't screw us over and I am glad my Dad is finally starting to listen to me when I recommend things.

So what or rather who has tried to screw you over?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go on....

Was first told that the decidedly higher end Docsis 3.0 modem I requested was out of stock. Then when i asked her to find out when the order for new stock was put through, saying also that there are max and min stock levels and when minimum levels are reached new stock is ordered. So if she could could she find out when new stock was ordered. She then changed her story and all of a sudden that modem is no longer being manufactured.

Once more tried to say that it was just out of stock and we are now been sent a different modem and will be calling back with all of the call times we have listed to further escalate the issue if we can prove we were outright lied to because the representative confirmed on there recorded call that her stance and the stance of our ISP was one that the product we rightly requested after being mucked around is no longer in production.

I know here in the US we can go buy our own modems, and from what your saying am guessing you can't. If you can however then just go get one and call the company with its info so they can activate it.

I know here in the US we can go buy our own modems, and from what your saying am guessing you can't. If you can however then just go get one and call the company with its info so they can activate it.

Very small compatibility list and none of the modems can be found new there are more than a few that can be found second hand at ridiculous prices on sleazebay tho. Right now I am trying to go for the better of two . modems and would prefer not to be lied to because I am finding it hard to believe she would change her story so much and she seemed so misinformed. I was just left with the impression of we have this stock and we want to unload it like sending out an old model modem to begin with. Worst thing is I know a lot of people would have been none the wiser and would have been perfectly happy to use whatever they are given.

Bummer glad my ISP is compatible with the motoral, dlink, and 1 or 2 others I have bought or were givin so when I go buy a docsis 3 modem it will be compatible.

Cisco, Netgear and Motorola and out of all that there is only two Docsis 3.0 Modems on a very small list of compatible cable modems. They have it like this so they can heavily regiment the firmware and service provided. No BYO at all otherwise I would possibly have something of a Billion or Draytech flavour, he'll maybe even a fritzbox as they are pretty damn decent for the cash.

You're not alone Stoner.. My ISP (which is also my TV Provider) recently moved to digital (yes, recently) and stated in their letter that there wouldn't be any changes in our part except for the inclusion of a decoder renting fee each month. 1 month later, they cut our TV package and forced us to either choose another one (with a higher price and less channel selections) or stare on our TV with statics everywhere..:rtfm:

But I'm happy with the ISP part of it since they regularly upgrade our speeds at little to no cost at all. (Although crappy speeds and sometimes unstable connections)

Paying ~US$80 for a TV package with 11 HD channels and 81 SD channels + Internet connection @ 3Mbps down, 1Mbps up :mfp:

I know how you feel stoner. Are they your only local isp?

We have a monopoly round here, one isp, tv and telephone provider. They screw us over royally, overcharge, don't provide what they advertise(most of the time, you can actually get 10mps upload at about 2am), the cs dept sucks and their techs are condescending on the phone and supercilious in person. The problem is always with our equipment not theirs. And the worst bit is they recently came in and upgraded everyone's modems to an all in one box that is dhcp server, router and modem in one, and did not give us the password. So all our port forwards and static ips are screwed our wireless is wide open and they won't give me the password, apparently as i am not certified as a tech by their company i can't touch their equipment. And the worst bit is there is nothing i can do, some company in town sued them and they said fine here is your money and as you obviously don't want our services we will stop serving you. They cut off the business's internet and phones. They county stepped in at that point and made them continue service but i don't guess its very good service./rant

The funny thing is you could move 5 mins up the road across the state line and have the choice of 3 isps.....