• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dragonsdontfly

dragonsdontfly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'm looking for a camcorder (with digital medium, not tape) and tripod for use with my youtube channel.

I deleted my previous channel, which had a ridiculous amount of views and subscribers. And I want to start a new one, one that I actually put time and effort into. I'll have a "casual" channel and a "professional channel" this way.

But my current means of video recoding are shotty at best.. A 720p phone that constantly resets itself and skips audio, a webcam that buzzes for no reason, and another phone that records a 720p video.. And then frames it in 1080p with a gigantic black box around it (making it use too much space for too little quality, and require video cropping constantly.)

So yeah, I'm on a tight budget.. But this was once a serious hobby of mine.

I do a lot of things with computers, so decent clarity (for visibility of the actual components) is a must. I don't care about warranty or any of that.

I just want a good brand or model, and maybe even a site to look for them at.

-----EDIT: I'm getting my tax return soon, over $4,000... But I'm using most of that for a new car. Still, if an absolutely amazing model that I'll get enough use out of is recommended, I may consider a couple hundred at most. But not it's even a penny of that isn't worth it.. Because I seriously need that car.

Edited by dragonsdontfly, 10 March 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#2 Il_napoletano

Il_napoletano

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

we have a sony hdr-cx110...it is actually very clear...I haven't seen any handheld camera match up to its clarity..thought i'd throw that in ;)

Cooler Master Haf 932
Asus P6T SE
Intel i7 950 @ stock
12GB Corsair Vengence 1866mhz

XFX 6970 2GB @1600x1200px atm

Samsung 830 120GB SSD 

WD Raptor 10k rpm

Segate barracuda 750GB
64x Windows 7 Ultimate

#3 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

When life gives you lemons, eat them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3911 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

Why not use a capture card(if not on pc) and a mic and combine em, kurtjmac did a video showing this :)

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.2Ghz
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8GB 1.48V 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Motherboard Asrock N68C-GS FX
Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)
Optical Disk Drive Sony Optiarc DVD/CD ReWriter
Power Supply Cooler Master GX 650W Bronze
Case Cooler Master CM690

#4 dragonsdontfly

dragonsdontfly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Why not use a capture card(if not on pc) and a mic and combine em, kurtjmac did a video showing this :)

Because I'd still use if for other things outside the house. While not my main purpose for wanting one, I'd like one that I can still take with me when I go somewhere and expect to use it.

And thanks napoletano, I'll look up some reviews and pricing to see if it suits me. Appreciate the input.