7690m Temperature

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 seriousHUSTLE

seriousHUSTLE

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

hey guys i recently bought a HP dv6 6c38tx to play SWTOR on, it runs great with around 60fps however im unsure about the gpu temp. it gets up to about 85 degrees after playing for about an hour. Is this too high? or is it alright for the model of the card.

Cheers.

#2 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5259 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

hey guys i recently bought a HP dv6 6c38tx to play SWTOR on, it runs great with around 60fps however im unsure about the gpu temp. it gets up to about 85 degrees after playing for about an hour. Is this too high? or is it alright for the model of the card.

Cheers.

I have a dv6 blagh blagh something something 24tx haha

6770m GPU and it should be comparable for temps and the highest temp I hit after an hour of play was 60C with a 25C ambient although granted I was on a laptop cooling pad.

I recommend you get one too for when you game otherwise when you are using the HD graphics heat is not an issue one bit.

Also 85C is alright for a laptop GPU although not exactly pleasant if it is on your lap.

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#3 MercuryDoun

MercuryDoun

Banana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

I have a dv6 blagh blagh something something 24tx haha

6770m GPU and it should be comparable for temps and the highest temp I hit after an hour of play was 60C with a 25C ambient although granted I was on a laptop cooling pad.

I recommend you get one too for when you game otherwise when you are using the HD graphics heat is not an issue one bit.

Also 85C is alright for a laptop GPU although not exactly pleasant if it is on your lap.

Posted Image +1

85c is no big deal for a gpu. but it will be uncomfortable in your lap, other than that, 85 is fine. Just as stoner said, Get a decent laptop cooling pad and game on that when possible.

*My System*
>< Case: Antec DF-85 >< PSU: Antec CP-850 850w >< MoBo: Asus P6X58D-E ><

>< CPU: i7-930, @ 4.0Ghz >< CPU Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalems >< TIM: Artic Silver MTX ><

>< RAM: Mushkin Blackline 6gb DDR3-1600 @ 1914mhz 7-10-7-24 2T ><

>< SSD: Corsair Force F120 120gb >< HDD: 2x Samsung F4 320gb Raid-0 ><

>< GPU: MSI Twin Frozr II GTX570 @ 900/1800/2250 24/7>< Monitor: Asus 24" LCD @ 1920x1080 ><

My gold plated butt-plug business is being sued by Apple. Apparently they have a patent for overpriced crap for a holes.

#4 90sgamer

90sgamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

Cheers.

Graphics cards in laptops tend to get VERY hot. I wouldn't say yours it too high, but if you want to replace the thermal grease, that is almost always helpful. Be warned however, getting to your GPU is probably going to require completely disassembling your computer. :erm:

My GPU overheating story :
Spoiler

[Thor] Windows 7 Pro x64 || Rosewill Thor V2 || Core i7 3770k || ASUS Sabertooth Z77 || 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 || EVGA Geforce GTX 670 || ASUS Xonar DSX || Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB, Crucial M4 256GB, 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || Corsair TX850 ||

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Simone] Ubuntu Linux 64bit || Antec 200 || Core i7 920 || ASUS Rampage III Formula || 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 || XFX Radeon 5870 || WD Caviar Blue || Corsair TX650M ||

My Steam Profile My Facebook Profile

#5 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5259 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

Graphics cards in laptops tend to get VERY hot. I wouldn't say yours it too high, but if you want to replace the thermal grease, that is almost always helpful. Be warned however, getting to your GPU is probably going to require completely disassembling your computer. :erm:

My GPU overheating story :

Spoiler

Just wow :-/

I must be fair lucky then with all my laptops as they have always sat around 50-60C for all components after strenuous use.

I will be changing my TIM shortly enough because I hope to be grabbing a 240Gb Patriot Pyro SE on Thursday and will be doing an op drive mod shortly after that to put my 750Gb HDD back in the laptop once the SSD is installed.

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#6 d6bmg

d6bmg

BMG FTW!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4120 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

A bit high for a laptop & extremely bad for your health if you held it in your lap.

boozei.gif