Interference noise

Interimo

Alright, so here's the deal. I just bought the HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card and the Roccat Kave 5.1 headset. Only problem is, when I don't have anything playing, I hear these high-pitched 'whining' sounds. That, and when I move my mouse around, they get really noriceable. I was wondering if anybody here would be able to help me minimize/get rid of them.

Thanks in advance,

Interimo

As I thought at least part of you problem can be partially attributed to having the cables running beside power. If possible start by moving the headphone cables and routing them down the other side of the case.

Also inside the case try and move any power cables that may be near to the sound card and try and ensure that their proximity to it is minimalized.

Green- fl and fr, Black- rl and rr, Orange- center and sub.

As to why you experience interference with the center and rear channels I am not sure do you even get any sound from the front channel?

i think you're not alone with that 'noise' issue, have you seen this review / user comments?

try Stoner's advice with the power / headset cables re-routing.

yes, power and signal cables shouldn't mix or not to be running along sides and whinning/static noise otherwise.

@ Stoner

and i have this doubt that power from his motherboard(powering both his mouse and headset amp) isn't that clean enough, i'm not that sure tho but how come that noise appears as OP noted when he's moving his mouse.

it's like what we have with our car audio where in; poor power/grounding system aside from power & signal cables running at both sides generates static noise. what do you think? :rolleyes:

It's possible there is a ground loop however if everything is sharing a proper common ground it shouldn't be an issue.

Althogh I did notice something the headset appears to have some for of control in line with seemingly an external USB connection.

If it works without the USB plugged in then try it.

It wouldn't be the first time I have seen a product with something the earthed into shielding on signal wires. Ie a bloody RCA cable with a led embedded where the left right signal split and what do you know the led light earthed into the shield.

Alright. I tried doing the re-routing thing, and that was a no-go. I tried plugging the thing into my on-board after re-enabling it, and it works like a charm. Only very light 'white noise' (which I don't mind). So, apparently, it's my sound card (HT Omega Striker 7.1). Any ideas on how to fix that?

*Edit

Here's the inside of my case. The card right above the power supply is my sound card. Above that is the video card.

I did another test, and I noticed that when the 4-pin connector for the MoBo (the one running vertical across the video card) is plugged in, that's when I hear the sounds. When it's unplugged, I don't hear any of the 'whining' noise.

post-73618-0-37936900-1331429813_thumb.jpg

post-73618-0-07795200-1331429853_thumb.jpg

Edited by Interimo