7 replies to this topic

#1 Tjj226_Angel

Tjj226_Angel

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2526 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hey, I was wondering of any of you guys know if there is a Audio and Mic jack to USB converter for the PS3. I want to be able to use my razor headset and most importantly microphone, but I haven't found anything. Any thoughts?

#2 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5255 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

What your sound set up?

You can usually pull it from your tv or receiver depending how you have your ps3 set up.

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#3 Tjj226_Angel

Tjj226_Angel

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2526 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

What your sound set up?

You can usually pull it from your tv or receiver depending how you have your ps3 set up.

That is what I am doing right now which is great for sound, but I can't do anything about the microphone.

If by sound set up, you mean type of headset, then it would be the razer carcharias. Other than that it is just a tv and PS3 (minus my pc :biggrin: )

#4 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5255 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Ahh mic too

(I could care less about the headphones but you are already doing what I would have suggested)

Although in terms of the mic input though not sure if it's possible or if you would need the specifically branded or certified Sony crap. Will have a look.

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

#5 AZNguyen

AZNguyen

Melting pot of friendship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7887 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

For audio you can use a RCA to 3.5mm adapter (varies designs and models), I'm still searching for a 3.5mm mic solution.

Or something like this Logitech USB To 3.5mm Jack Stereo Headset Audio Adapter (may or may not work)

Just make sure that w/e USB solution you choose is driver-less. A lot of those pro console gamers use mix-amps too, but those cost substantially more and offer Stereo Surround.

Edited by AZNguyen, 28 February 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Gaming || Intel i7 3770K || Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 || G.Skill 2x 4GB || EVGA GTX 680 2 GB || Corsair TX750 V2 ||

|| 3x Dell UltraSharp U2312HM || Corsair Vengeance K90 || Logitech G700s || Audio-gd NFB 15.32 || Hifiman HE400 ||

HTPC || Intel Celeron G530 || Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 || G.Skill 4GB || CM Elite 460W ||

NAS || Intel Pentium G630 || Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 || G.Skill 16GB || Corsair CX430 || IBM M1015 || 21 TB Storage ||

#6 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5255 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

there have been numerous successes with cheap usb to mic and headphone jacks although all of them seem limited to only the mic working. So you will need to use whatever set up you have going at the moment to keep sound going but you can get your mic working too.

Posted Image

#7 Tjj226_Angel

Tjj226_Angel

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2526 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

Well, I thought I was going to be tricky. I got in a USB sound card today. I thought that maybe I could out smart sony's little BS game by making the USB take aduio, but it beat me outright because I didn't even get the microphone to work :pfp: :doh: :lol:

Can someone answer why I didn't get MW3 for the PC :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

#8 Tjj226_Angel

Tjj226_Angel

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2526 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hey guys, the converter and audio extension cable finally came today. Although it took almost 3 weeks in shipping, it all works. Thanks for all of your advice!