Benchmarking with my SSD

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CoachAub

CoachAub

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

I bought a new SSD last week (yeah the OCZ Agility 3 on shellshocker sale). I couldn't pass the deal up. Anyway, I installed my Windows 7 and system drivers, anitivirus software, and steam and my 2 favorite games. All of my other files and lesser programs are on my sturdy WD Caviar black. The manufacturer as well as other sources suggest that I do not benchmark with my SSD. I understand cutting back on the number of writes and re-writes but I have some questions.

1. Does it matter which drive I install the benchmark software on? For example I installed PCMark 07 on the WD hard drive and ran it. My scores basically doubled with the SSD installed running the OS. I'm not going to do this, but would it improve results to put the bench on the SSD?

2. Some sites say just don't overdo it. What would that be? How often could you benchmark your pc without fear of corrupting your data, clogging up the SSD so that TRIM can't keep up?

3. Are there any other issues I should be concerned about using my SSD drive regarding overclocking and benchmarking?
---------------------------
AMD Phenom II 970 @3.6 (4.1on latest test &still cool) on MSI 890FXA-GD65, Zalman CNPS-9500 hsf,
HIS Radeon 6870 1GB, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 RAM, Antec Quattro 850 PSU, OCZ Agility 3,WD Caviar Black 750GB HD,
Rosewill Conqueror Case, Gigabyte k6800 keyboard & M6880 gaming mouse, Altec Lansing speaker system, Creative Fatal1ty Headset