Photo
- - - - -

Apple to give away $15 for reception issue!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

When life gives you lemons, eat them.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3989 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

http://www.techspot....e-4-owners.html

Either $15 or a Bumper Case.. your choice :lol:

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.2Ghz
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8GB 1.48V 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Motherboard Asrock N68C-GS FX
Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)
Optical Disk Drive Sony Optiarc DVD/CD ReWriter
Power Supply Cooler Master GX 650W Bronze
Case Cooler Master CM690

#2 Black64

Black64

Black It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3340 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

And they have billions in cash and all they can offer is $15? Hey apple why not give back a little?

Current System

[CPU]Intel Xeon W3670 (i7-970) @3.20Ghz---[CPU Cooling]Thermalright Silver Arrow---[MOBO]ASUS Rampage Gene III---[RAM]G-Skill Rip Jaws (24GB)(6x4GB)---[GPU]ASUS GTX 780 OC---[PSU]KingWin Lazar LZ-1000---[CASE]Bitfenix Colossus Venom Edition---[HDDs]WD Dives(6.5TB total storage) and Samsung 250GB SSD(boot)---[Monitors] 3X NEC 24" LCD2490WUXi ISP Panels and 1X Seiki 39" 4K monitor

PC Audio System (Speakers) Triad InRoom Silver's --- (DAC) Schiit Modi --- (AMP) Emotiva MiniX-a-100 --- (Headphones) Sennheiser Momentums and Paradigm H15NC --- (Headphone AMP) --- Schitt Magni

#3 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

And they have billions in cash and all they can offer is $15? Hey apple why not give back a little?

That would be counter productive for a company with a business model all about ripping off the customer.

Posted Image

#4 MJCRO

MJCRO

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

I read this about this a couple days ago. I still have my iPhone 4 so I'm def. hitting them up for my $15!

#5 Bosco

Bosco

OCC Boss

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32397 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Wow a whole $15.... I am speechless, I have no clue on how to spend so much money :glare:

Oh well works out for $60 for me I have 4 phones, better then nothing I guess.

Main Gaming Rig
Intel 3960X
MSI X79A-GD65 8D
16GB of Corsair Vengeance
NVIDIA 780TI's in SLI
Corsair Force 3 GT 240GB SSD
Coolermaster 932 Case
Noctua D14 CPU Cooler
Thermaltake Toughpower XT Platinum 1275 Watts
3 X 24" LCD's
Donating to OCC :::: OCC Site Rules :::: OCC Reviews
RIP Verran and Nemo gone but never will be forgotten.

#6 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15405 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

...and the court case cost how much? :lol:

sig.png

GTX 770 replaced with watercooled GTX780...but too lazy to change the sig.

#7 Tjj226_Angel

Tjj226_Angel

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

How the hell is this such a good company? :pfp:

It wasn't that long ago when I went to go see lewis black (stand up comedian) at the warner theater. He has 2 phones. And he explained to us why.

In one pocket he had a droid. This was for making calls..........but the computer on it sucks. As he put it, he was afraid of throwing it out because it was doing some really weird S*** and he though that it had gained self consciousness. Since he is not married, he thought that he could adopt the phone and carry it as his son.

The other was an iPhone. As he put it, it is a great computer..........but SUCKS as a phone. He said "I went to the apple store to complain about the phone". "They asked me what was wrong with the phone?". "I said there should be an app that says PHONE YOU LITTLE .***ER!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I am starting to see where he is coming from :lol:

#8 Tjj226_Angel

Tjj226_Angel

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

...and the court case cost how much? :lol:

For that matter, how many people truly even own an iPhone anyways?

I mean I still would have sued simply because I hate Steve jobs and my only regret in life is that I did not lead an army of PC fanatics to holy war against him :lol: ......but was it really worth it for everyone else?

Not to mention that I think a much fairer ruling would have been for apple to get the S*** out of their heads and start pricing their products better.

However, I do feel as though this should serve as a lesson to people who still buy apple to stop buying over priced crap. Seriously, I have a 30 dollar flip phone running the worst verizon plan available, and I still get reception about any where I go. My friend has an iPhone 4 and can't even get reception in his own house :mfp: . Not only did do I have a 30 dollar flip phone, I have a net book that I got for 150 :woot: . So for 180 I have a computer that works, and a phone that works. The iphone which doesn't work that great to begin with starts at 200. :wallbash:

I say any iphone is a bad purchase. You can't make a call either because the antenna is hidden away, or because you are stuck with at&t. It is your own fault for not having good reception and the only thing apple should be blamed for is the arrogance it has of its own cheap products.

#9 Muchoman1

Muchoman1

De-railer of threads, Destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1562 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

you complain about iphone prices in america, to get a new iphone here it starts at 800 without a plan

The Hive 
               i7 3930k @ 5GHz 24/7   32Gb Corsair Dominator @ 1866MHz 
                    Asus Rampage IV Extreme    3x EVGA 670 FTW @ 1300MHz Core boost
256Gb Crucial M4 - Boot Drive  4x2Tb HDD Raid 5 - Data Storage 
CPU, Motherboard, GPU and RAM watercooled  by MIPS and Heatkiller 
Heavily Modified XSPC Cube Case 

#10 TheHippi

TheHippi

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

you complain about iphone prices in america, to get a new iphone here it starts at 800 without a plan

How much is it on contract? They're about $700 here off contract and $200 on. Or do Aussie carriers not subsidize phones.
Posted Image

Desktop: i7 950 @ 4.0 w/ 1.3 Vcore | Asus Sabertooth x58 | MSI GTX 460 1 GB | 6 GB G-Skill 1600
Titan Fenrir | WD Black 500 GB & Seagate 7200.12 1TB | XFX 650W PSU | Cooler Master CM 590
Laptop: Gateway P-7908u | p8700 | GTX 260m | 4 GB DDR3

The main difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence can recognize its own stupidity.

#11 Muchoman1

Muchoman1

De-railer of threads, Destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1562 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

How much is it on contract? They're about $700 here off contract and $200 on. Or do Aussie carriers not subsidize phones.

ah, well depending on contract. to get the phone without paying extra its a 60-70 dollar a month contract with the best carrier, or you can get it for 50-60 on a less reliable one

The Hive 
               i7 3930k @ 5GHz 24/7   32Gb Corsair Dominator @ 1866MHz 
                    Asus Rampage IV Extreme    3x EVGA 670 FTW @ 1300MHz Core boost
256Gb Crucial M4 - Boot Drive  4x2Tb HDD Raid 5 - Data Storage 
CPU, Motherboard, GPU and RAM watercooled  by MIPS and Heatkiller 
Heavily Modified XSPC Cube Case 

#12 Il_napoletano

Il_napoletano

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

For that matter, how many people truly even own an iPhone anyways?

I mean I still would have sued simply because I hate Steve jobs and my only regret in life is that I did not lead an army of PC fanatics to holy war against him :lol: ......but was it really worth it for everyone else?

Not to mention that I think a much fairer ruling would have been for apple to get the S*** out of their heads and start pricing their products better.

However, I do feel as though this should serve as a lesson to people who still buy apple to stop buying over priced crap. Seriously, I have a 30 dollar flip phone running the worst verizon plan available, and I still get reception about any where I go. My friend has an iPhone 4 and can't even get reception in his own house :mfp: . Not only did do I have a 30 dollar flip phone, I have a net book that I got for 150 :woot: . So for 180 I have a computer that works, and a phone that works. The iphone which doesn't work that great to begin with starts at 200. :wallbash:

I say any iphone is a bad purchase. You can't make a call either because the antenna is hidden away, or because you are stuck with at&t. It is your own fault for not having good reception and the only thing apple should be blamed for is the arrogance it has of its own cheap products.

Me and my dad have an iphone and I get better signal then any of my friends here with their nokias...I don't know what it's like with US networks...but I have a few friends that have an iphone 4 and they say it never gives them any problems... :thumbsup:

Cooler Master Haf 932
Asus P6T SE
Intel i7 950 @ stock
12GB Corsair Vengence 1866mhz

XFX 6970 2GB @1600x1200px atm

Samsung 830 120GB SSD 

WD Raptor 10k rpm

Segate barracuda 750GB
64x Windows 7 Ultimate