Just bought some awesome DDR3 memory

I found these at $39.99 a kit on Amazon a few days ago. They're also on sale at J&R as well. I've been playing around with it a bit and loving it. Ran some benchmarks.

#1 - i7 2700K @ 5.0GHz with ASUS P8Z68-V Pro 4x4GB 8-9-9-24-1T with 1.5V's at 1866MHz

#2 - i7 2600K @ 4.8GHz with ASUS P8Z68-V Pro 4x4GB 10-10-10-28-1T with 1.55V's at 2133MHz

#3 - i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz with ASUS P8Z68-V Pro 4x4GB 9-10-10-28-1T with 1.5V's at 2133MHz

post-70939-0-77172200-1330273047_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Are they any good in overclocking? :unsure:

Mhmm you can easily pay double the price for ram that is rated at those speeds and timings and that is when that other ram is at 1.65v not 1.5 and 1.55v.

Capi found some damn good ram. Although the lack of heat syncs bugs me a little. It would be interesting to see what they could do under water, dice or ln2.

Actually I am worried about lack of heatsink fact (actually it doesn't have any) and it also doesn't come with any RAM cooler.

The new DDR3 memory to improve performance while about 50 percent, reducing the power consumption by up to 40 percent, compared with systems produced in the 30-nanometer technology. Samsung predicted at the beginning of the production 2-gigabit DDR3 DRAM chips, but before the end of the year set to begin production of 4-gigabit chips, which allow to construct the memory modules with a capacity of 16 and 32 GB

Since this they have begone work into production of 20nm tech making the DRAM chips even more efficient.

Most sticks of ram on the market make use of 42nm tech IIRC.

Still for over locking it would be comforting to put even a cheap aluminum heat sync on the sticks of RAM.

most of the time the heat spreaders put on ram sticks these days are more of a hinderance and only for cosmetics due to the use of the thick heat tape used to secure the spreader.....using a ram fan alone , if needed, would do a much better job at cooling the ICs