GPU Issues

NightDiver

I'm trying to figure out if Im doing something wrong or if there is just an issue with running the GPU version of F@H on ATI video cards... I have it working fine on my old computer which has a GeForce GTS 450, but my laptop and new rig both give me the message that I do not have a valid driver at this time...

What client you using? and what ati cards?

At a guess I would say your probibly using the 6.41 client which would work on your GTS450 but not on the ati cards.

also make sure you have the lastest version of the drivers for your GFX cards

What client you using? and what ati cards?

At a guess I would say your probibly using the 6.41 client which would work on your GTS450 but not on the ati cards.

also make sure you have the lastest version of the drivers for your GFX cards

Im using 6.23... I did however notice after going back to F@H website that, although the GPU version has no issues with Nvida at all, only the 2xxx - 5xxx versions of ATI cards are supported... mine are 6870's which Im guessing are not backwards compatible...

Looks like I spoke too soon... With the help of that link I managed to get most of the other comps running on the gpu's, but my new rig still giving me errors shorty after starting... Ive tried the newest drivers from Asus and AMD, tried one and two gpus at a time, and now Im pretty much out of ideas... guess I'll just have to be satisfied with the 10k pdd out of the 8 cpu cores and the misc points from the older rigs...

Try rolling back the drivers and see if that helps. If not and you really want the GPU to fold, try a complete driver wipe and install them again. Sometimes AMD drivers stick and need a complete reboot. El_Captain has a guide in his signature IIRC

Thanks, I looked over the guide, but looks like its a bit more work than I want to really do for what, Im guessing, is a relatively small increase in PPD... Ive already got 8 cpu cores on this rig, 2 cpu cores and GPU on old rig, 2 cores on the kids' computer, 2 cores and a gpu on my laptop, and 4 cores and gpu on the Dell...

Upon further review, I figured out why my gpu's kept failing, even with the switch or when using the Open CL client... AVG kept quarantining several of the .dll files as they would be written to the work directory... disable AVG = 2 x Radeon 6870's now folding...