5 replies to this topic

#1 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7934 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:14 AM

We have a new review for your viewing pleasure, this time of a new Intel socket 2011 motherboard. See how it performs as OCC reviews the MSI X79A-GD65 (8D) - http://www.overclock...s/msi_x79agd65/

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3.6GHz - ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 - OCZ Agility 4 128GB SSD - Seagate 500GB + 750GB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Sennheiser HD-280 Pro + HD-555 - Thermolab BARAM 2010 - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
eUYPk97.png

#2 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5259 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

I wonder what the quality of the onboard sound is like it specs out fairly well and I find that the software that comes with msi motherboards in their 1155 boards to be friendly and easy to use and well set out.

Also interesting that this board has an additional power connector. Not just the standard 24pin an 8pin connectors.

The one thing I want is every bit of blue to be bright green :D purely so it will match my new build.

Nice review and loving the large amount of pics quality as usual.

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#3 d6bmg

d6bmg

BMG FTW!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4120 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

Looks pretty good to me.
That back extinction panel e-sata power adapter is a kind of useless addition though.

boozei.gif

#4 iskout

iskout

For Aiur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1155 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:44 AM

I wonder what the quality of the onboard sound is like it specs out fairly well and I find that the software that comes with msi motherboards in their 1155 boards to be friendly and easy to use and well set out.

Also interesting that this board has an additional power connector. Not just the standard 24pin an 8pin connectors.

The one thing I want is every bit of blue to be bright green :D purely so it will match my new build.

Nice review and loving the large amount of pics quality as usual.

I don't like where the extra 4-pin connector is, purely from a wiring standpoint. There's not a ton of cases with anything there, meaning you're going to have to get a little more creative with your wiring jobs.

Case: NZXT Source 530
PSU:PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 750w
Memory:Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz 9-9-9-24
Mobo: Gigabyte Z87x-UD4H
CPU: Core i7 4770k @ Stock for now!
GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Hawk @ Stock for now!
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo With 1x stock fan, 1x CM Sickleflow fan
Storage: 2x 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green, 1x 1TB WD Caviar Blue, 1x Mushkin 240GB SSD

#5 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5259 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

I don't like where the extra 4-pin connector is, purely from a wiring standpoint. There's not a ton of cases with anything there, meaning you're going to have to get a little more creative with your wiring jobs.

Imo it would be easier to rout neatly than the CPU power header. I never seen to have enough length in my cables to hide them easily.

Also in the pros it's Military Class III now MSI has gone up from II.

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#6 d6bmg

d6bmg

BMG FTW!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4120 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

Good point mentioned. But in that case some extenders will be required.

boozei.gif