5 replies to this topic

#1 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

Like the title says... why do we have an IRC? Nobody really uses it except for people that are looking for help it seems, and since they're the only ones using it, they typically do not receive help. Personally, I idle in it but I usually end up missing most people that come into the IRC for the very small 1-2 minute window that they do. I helped one guy in it just now, but there's probably three newbies that pop in there each week that I've missed.

I guess I'm just wondering if having an IRC is a good idea or not, seems like it could give the wrong impression when people go in there asking for help and don't get a response.

Posted Image

#2 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5256 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Someone a while ago mentioned something about another site, also using IP Board, that had a shoutbox.

It was embedded into the right hand side of the page and worked like IRC however was integrated into all the pages of the forum.

Posted Image

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU

#3 Black64

Black64

Black It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3272 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

I don't use it.

Current System

[CPU]Intel Xeon W3670 (i7-970) @3.20Ghz---[CPU Cooling]Thermalright Silver Arrow---[MOBO]ASUS Rampage Gene III---[RAM]G-Skill Rip Jaws (24GB)(6x4GB)---[GPU]ASUS GTX 780 OC---[PSU]KingWin Lazar LZ-1000---[CASE]Bitfenix Colossus Venom Edition---[HDDs]WD Dives(6.5TB total storage) and Samsung 250GB SSD(boot)---[Monitors] 3X NEC 24" LCD2490WUXi ISP Panels and 1X Seiki 39" 4K monitor

PC Audio System (Speakers) Triad InRoom Mini's --- (DAC) Schiit Modi --- (AMP) Emotiva MiniX-a-100 --- (Headphones) Sennheiser Momentums and Paradigm H15NC --- (Headphone AMP) --- Schitt Magni

#4 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

Talk about perfect timing, I walk away from the desk for one minute and this happens. :lol:

It's a perfect example for this thread.

Posted Image

#5 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

Go ahead get us all excited about it again and about 10 of us will use IRC for about a month, then for no apparent reason just stop using it.

Happens at least twice a year.

:P

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#6 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

Go ahead get us all excited about it again and about 10 of us will use IRC for about a month, then for no apparent reason just stop using it.

Happens at least twice a year.

:P

I thought about it but I know what you say is going to be the result so there's no point in me doing it. That's why I simply ended up asking the question that I did, maybe we just need to get rid of it.

Posted Image