Corsair Performance Pro Series 256 GB Review

bp9801

A solid state drive is one of the surest upgrades to speed up your computer. Today we have a new SSD on the test bench, so read along to see what OCC thinks of the Corsair Performance Pro Series 256 GB - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/corsair_performance_pro_3_256gb/

Interesting... I noticed that the Performance Pro series uses the SF-1200 line, whereas the Force Series GT uses the SF-2200 line; so how would a 128GB Performance Pro SSD stack up against 120GB Force Series GT?

Edited by PremiumAcc

How is pricing a pro? 420 bucks can get you a much better upgrade for your PC.

Whether or not you need a $420 ($399 on the Egg) 256GB SATA III SSD is going to be up to the user ;) But, if your rig doesn't have an SSD, then there isn't a "much better upgrade for your PC" left :P

So, is the Marvell controller the same as Crucial's M4? Sorry, too lazy to Google right now. :P

Not sure if it's to do with the controller or the Flash itself, but this one is significantly faster than the M4 in terms of sustained read/write.

Prices are getting a whole lot better compared to last year with SDD's. Another year and then we should start seeing less than $0.75 per GB for most SSD's.

Edited by MJCRO

Prices are getting a whole lot better compared to last year with SDD's. Another year and then we should start seeing less than $0.75 per GB for most SSD's.

:lol: I wish I am seeing $2-3 sometimes $4 per GB here in aus and that is hunting around. An SSD is not something fun to buy in Australia :(