18 replies to this topic

#1 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8018 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

We have a new review up, this time of a gaming mouse. See what OCC reviewer BluePanda thinks of it as she reviews the ROCCAT Kova [+] Gaming Mouse - http://www.overclock...ws/roccat_kova/

Intel Core i5 4690K - ASUS Z97-A - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
Mushkin Ridgeback 16GB DDR3-2133 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD - Seagate 500GB + 750GB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Sennheiser HD-280 Pro + HD-555 - Thermolab BARAM 2010 - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
eUYPk97.png

#2 iskout

iskout

For Aiur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1156 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

I'm rather confused about how the DeathAdder got a 7 on precision. I've used several mice, and the DeathAdder is near the top of the list for my recommendations, due to it's precision as well as it's comfort (Which is because of how I hold my mouse-- palmed, with my pointer on the left click, middle finger on scroll wheel, and ring finger on right click).

Case: NZXT Source 530
PSU:PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 750w
Memory:Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz 9-9-9-24
Mobo: Gigabyte Z87x-UD4H
CPU: Core i7 4770k @ Stock for now!
GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Hawk @ Stock for now!
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo With 1x stock fan, 1x CM Sickleflow fan
Storage: 2x 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green, 1x 1TB WD Caviar Blue, 1x Mushkin 240GB SSD

#3 Kennie

Kennie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

Nice review :)
Posted Image

#4 Alexandre

Alexandre

You can't see me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1222 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

Thanks for the review Blue! Looks like a great mouse IMO

Posted Image

#5 Black64

Black64

Black It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

I think the packaging looks cooler then the mouse. :lol: Nice review Bluepanda!

Edited by Black64, 13 December 2011 - 08:50 AM.

Current System

[CPU]Intel Xeon W3670 (i7-970) @3.20Ghz---[CPU Cooling]Thermalright Silver Arrow---[MOBO]ASUS Rampage Gene III---[RAM]G-Skill Rip Jaws (24GB)(6x4GB)---[GPU]ASUS GTX 780 OC---[PSU]KingWin Lazar LZ-1000---[CASE]Bitfenix Colossus Venom Edition---[HDDs]WD Dives(6.5TB total storage) and Samsung 250GB SSD(boot)---[Monitors] 3X NEC 24" LCD2490WUXi ISP Panels and 1X Seiki 39" 4K monitor

PC Audio System (Speakers) Triad InRoom Silver's --- (DAC) Schiit Modi --- (AMP) Emotiva MiniX-a-100 --- (Headphones) Sennheiser Momentums and Paradigm H15NC --- (Headphone AMP) --- Schitt Magni

#6 BluePanda

BluePanda

Lab Rat

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2256 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

I'm rather confused about how the DeathAdder got a 7 on precision. I've used several mice, and the DeathAdder is near the top of the list for my recommendations, due to it's precision as well as it's comfort (Which is because of how I hold my mouse-- palmed, with my pointer on the left click, middle finger on scroll wheel, and ring finger on right click).

Don't forget...I've got small hands. I'm pretty sure I mentioned this fact throughout. However, I don't expect you to read allll of it...:lol: But this does make a big difference in opinion on the "fit" of the mouse. Either way I find putting a number on these things tough and often can be a bit misleading. :P The text means a lot more than the numbers. It's not like a case or cooler where there are actual hard numbers.

I think the packaging looks cooler then the mouse. :lol: Nice review Bluepanda!

That seems to be the one of the things ROCCAT really puts effort in...I've seen a few of their products roll through...packaging is what they've got.

#7 Locutus

Locutus

Fortune favors the bold.

• Folding Member
  • 1881 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

What's the difference between this and the original Kova? And the packaging looks similar to Razer as well as the actual mouse. I wonder if that's on purpose.

Heatware - Ebay

"I can't believe I ate the entire kitten!"

sigimage.gif

#8 BluePanda

BluePanda

Lab Rat

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2256 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

What's the difference between this and the original Kova? And the packaging looks similar to Razer as well as the actual mouse. I wonder if that's on purpose.

I though I had mentioned that in the review...the only difference seems to be the Easy Shift feature. That was the same for the ROCCAT Kone and Kone[+] as well.

#9 iskout

iskout

For Aiur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1156 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

Don't forget...I've got small hands. I'm pretty sure I mentioned this fact throughout. However, I don't expect you to read allll of it...:lol: But this does make a big difference in opinion on the "fit" of the mouse. Either way I find putting a number on these things tough and often can be a bit misleading. :P The text means a lot more than the numbers. It's not like a case or cooler where there are actual hard numbers.

That seems to be the one of the things ROCCAT really puts effort in...I've seen a few of their products roll through...packaging is what they've got.

Fair enough. I didn't really read through it thoroughly-- I glanced at it before I went to sleep. I'll read it through again, because I like reading reviews for mice, and it's hard to find a nice review from a competitive gamers aspect.

Edit: Do you have the original DeathAdder, or the 3.5G one?

Edited by iskout, 13 December 2011 - 03:08 PM.

Case: NZXT Source 530
PSU:PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 750w
Memory:Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz 9-9-9-24
Mobo: Gigabyte Z87x-UD4H
CPU: Core i7 4770k @ Stock for now!
GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Hawk @ Stock for now!
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo With 1x stock fan, 1x CM Sickleflow fan
Storage: 2x 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green, 1x 1TB WD Caviar Blue, 1x Mushkin 240GB SSD

#10 Locutus

Locutus

Fortune favors the bold.

• Folding Member
  • 1881 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

I though I had mentioned that in the review...the only difference seems to be the Easy Shift feature. That was the same for the ROCCAT Kone and Kone[+] as well.

It's easier to ask than to read the whole review. :rolleyes:

Nifty feature but not worth the premium. :whistling:

Heatware - Ebay

"I can't believe I ate the entire kitten!"

sigimage.gif

#11 BluePanda

BluePanda

Lab Rat

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2256 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

Fair enough. I didn't really read through it thoroughly-- I glanced at it before I went to sleep. I'll read it through again, because I like reading reviews for mice, and it's hard to find a nice review from a competitive gamers aspect.

Edit: Do you have the original DeathAdder, or the 3.5G one?

I have the 3.5G version of the mouse. Still one of my favorites. :D

It's easier to ask than to read the whole review. :rolleyes:

Nifty feature but not worth the premium. :whistling:

Yea...I noticed that as well, and to be honest I haven't used much of the plus features since I tested it out for the review. Can't seem to find a real need to. Maybe I need to play more games and quit studying lol. :thumbsup:

#12 d6bmg

d6bmg

BMG FTW!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4135 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

Looks like a descent mouse to me. Great review. ;)

boozei.gif