14 replies to this topic

#1 Nemo

Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:55 AM

If you're a fan of mechanical keyboards, especially ones equipped with Cherry Black switches, you need to check out BluePanda's review of the Ozone Strike Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - http://www.overclock...s/ozone_strike/

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz / ASUS P5Q Deluxe / Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz / 2x Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB RAID 1 / Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB
Corsair TX750W / Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 / SilverStone TJ05 / Scythe Zipang 140mm CPU Cooler / ASUS VH202T-P 20" widescreen monitor (x2) / XP Pro SP 3
"however, i cannot claim to be such a fish as i am not a fish at all..." - hardnrg,Jul 4 2005, 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow OCC on Posted Image
Subscribe to the OCC Newsletter

Lucky Mudder Race 2013

#2 vborets

vborets

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:53 AM

WASD keys are awesome :D

#3 Alexandre

Alexandre

You can't see me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1222 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:57 AM

"If I need to spend 15 hours working on a report, then I want to be miserable from the report itself and not because my hands are cramping from the unusual keyboard design." - :lol: valid point.

Posted Image

#4 aaron6581230

aaron6581230

Geek

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

Is it just me or is this basically the esports meka g1? It looks exactly the same
CPU: Intel i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55
Ram: Mushkin Blackline 8GB 1600MHz
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290X
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DX
PSU: Corsair TX850W V2
Boot Storage: Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB
Storage: Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM HDD
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB

#5 Black64

Black64

Black It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

If I am going to spend $110 on a keyboard, I want one that looks cool and this is not it. :fp:

Current System

[CPU]Intel Xeon W3670 (i7-970) @3.20Ghz---[CPU Cooling]Thermalright Silver Arrow---[MOBO]ASUS Rampage Gene III---[RAM]G-Skill Rip Jaws (24GB)(6x4GB)---[GPU]ASUS GTX 780 OC---[PSU]KingWin Lazar LZ-1000---[CASE]Bitfenix Colossus Venom Edition---[HDDs]WD Dives(6.5TB total storage) and Samsung 250GB SSD(boot)---[Monitors] 3X NEC 24" LCD2490WUXi ISP Panels and 1X Seiki 39" 4K monitor

PC Audio System (Speakers) Triad InRoom Silver's --- (DAC) Schiit Modi --- (AMP) Emotiva MiniX-a-100 --- (Headphones) Sennheiser Momentums and Paradigm H15NC --- (Headphone AMP) --- Schitt Magni

#6 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*

ANTITHAT

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

Now leave me alone, I’ve got some Skyrim to play!

:lol:

Processor: AMD A10-5800K @4.40 GHz (44.0x100)
Cooling: Corsair H110
Motherboard: ASUS F2A85-M PRO
GPU: EVGA GTX 770 2 GB
PhysX: EVGA GTX 570 1280 MB
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x8 GB (32 GB total) at 1866 MHz 10-10-10-27
PSU: OCZ Fata1ty 750 W
Guest_Jim_*.jpg

Needs more tigers.

Steam Inventory. Let me know if something interests you.

#7 ComputerEd

ComputerEd

Voice of Computing Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1704 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

I however just found it annoying in game when going on long runs and having to just hold down W to get where I’m going.

You do know you can press the C key and not have to hold down a key to run right?

Complete loss of left Windows key

You have this listed as a Con but for many gamers this is a huge Pro. I cannot tell you how many times I have been gaming and during a big fight hit the stupid Windows key and then had to hurry to Alt-Tab back into the game only to find I had died.

Overall though great review. Now get back to Skyrim!!!!

Get your GEEK on ever week with Computer Ed Radio

http://computeredradio.com  http://facebook.com/computered

#8 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Even the sun goes down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6486 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

I wouldn't buy it because of the WASD keys. If it was EADF, however... ;)

#9 BluePanda

BluePanda

Lab Rat

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2221 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

"If I need to spend 15 hours working on a report, then I want to be miserable from the report itself and not because my hands are cramping from the unusual keyboard design." - :lol: valid point.

Hey it's true isn't it?

Is it just me or is this basically the esports meka g1? It looks exactly the same

Some how I think you are exactly right... hummm.

Posted Image

This looks EXACTLY the same -- I don't like that... :glare:

You do know you can press the C key and not have to hold down a key to run right?

You have this listed as a Con but for many gamers this is a huge Pro. I cannot tell you how many times I have been gaming and during a big fight hit the stupid Windows key and then had to hurry to Alt-Tab back into the game only to find I had died.

Overall though great review. Now get back to Skyrim!!!!

C key, good to know. I haven't played enough to pick that up. :lol: However in general running around seemed tiresome in other games as well. Just seems so effort-ful to use the keys -- but it could just be my inadequate gaming hand. lol. This is also only one of few mechs I've used up to this point. I haven't really found "the one" yet for me. I really like it for typing, just not big on it in game...yet.

Now if I could get some time to get back to Skyrim!! lol Too many exams (finals next week -- projects this week) The end is nigh!!!

Thanks everyone -- glad to see you reading and enjoying some of these. :doh:

#10 flareback

flareback

justified through faith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1759 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

:withstupid: I despise the windows key.
Primary Rig - Intel core i7 920 | Gigabyte EX58 UD4P | 6 GB DDR3 1333 | Sapphire Radeon HD 4850
Secondary Rig - 20 inch iMac | 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2 GB DDR2 RAM
Mobile Rig - Asus Eee pc 1000 - 1.6Ghz intel atom | 40Gig SSD | Ubuntu Netbook Remix

#11 BluePanda

BluePanda

Lab Rat

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2221 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

:withstupid: I despise the windows key.

It's nice to be able to turn it off -- like many keyboards offer. However, this one just doesn't have it at all. I like to be able to have my windows key enabled when I'm not in game. Mind you I don't use it a ton, but the option is nice. I don't feel it should be completely removed from the set.

#12 bishop245

bishop245

So broke I can't even pay attention.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9878 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

I am glad to see the windows key gone from the left side for the same reason ComputerEd is and it would have been better in my book to see a full set of replacement keys for it rather than just WASD. Other than that good review Blue :cheers: