12 replies to this topic

#1 Nemo

Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:22 AM

We're back with another case in the Carbide Series from Corsair. Join OCC reviewer BluePanda as she examines the Corsair 500R Mid-Tower Case - http://www.overclock...s/corsair_500r/

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz / ASUS P5Q Deluxe / Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz / 2x Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB RAID 1 / Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB
Corsair TX750W / Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 / SilverStone TJ05 / Scythe Zipang 140mm CPU Cooler / ASUS VH202T-P 20" widescreen monitor (x2) / XP Pro SP 3
"however, i cannot claim to be such a fish as i am not a fish at all..." - hardnrg,Jul 4 2005, 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow OCC on Posted Image
Subscribe to the OCC Newsletter

Lucky Mudder Race 2013

#2 Black64

Black64

Black It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

:pfp: Another color change.

Current System

[CPU]Intel Xeon W3670 (i7-970) @3.20Ghz---[CPU Cooling]Thermalright Silver Arrow---[MOBO]ASUS Rampage Gene III---[RAM]G-Skill Rip Jaws (24GB)(6x4GB)---[GPU]ASUS GTX 780 OC---[PSU]KingWin Lazar LZ-1000---[CASE]Bitfenix Colossus Venom Edition---[HDDs]WD Dives(6.5TB total storage) and Samsung 250GB SSD(boot)---[Monitors] 3X NEC 24" LCD2490WUXi ISP Panels and 1X Seiki 39" 4K monitor

PC Audio System (Speakers) Triad InRoom Silver's --- (DAC) Schiit Modi --- (AMP) Emotiva MiniX-a-100 --- (Headphones) Sennheiser Momentums and Paradigm H15NC --- (Headphone AMP) --- Schitt Magni

#3 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*

ANTITHAT

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4494 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

:pfp: Another color change.

Well, we don't have a review of the original black.

Pros:

• PRETTY!

Most important pro for a case to have.

Processor: AMD A10-5800K @4.40 GHz (44.0x100)
Cooling: Corsair H110
Motherboard: ASUS F2A85-M PRO
GPU: EVGA GTX 770 2 GB
PhysX: EVGA GTX 570 1280 MB
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x8 GB (32 GB total) at 1866 MHz 10-10-10-27
PSU: OCZ Fata1ty 750 W
Guest_Jim_*.jpg

Needs more tigers.

Steam Inventory. Let me know if something interests you.

#4 VaporX

VaporX

Sapphire Gaming Evangelist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

I will reserve final judgement for when I can get my hands on one but this looks like a nicer case than the 600T. I love the cubby tray at the top! A feature I wish every case had. BTW Jim looks are important, the features of cases are pretty typical now with most cases having great features for building. Looks are the way a case can stand out and the White with Black acent look is a nice trend.

Edward "Vapor-X" Crisler

Sapphire North America PR Represenative

"I don't play when it comes to gaming"

#5 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*

ANTITHAT

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4494 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

I will reserve final judgement for when I can get my hands on one but this looks like a nicer case than the 600T. I love the cubby tray at the top! A feature I wish every case had. BTW Jim looks are important, the features of cases are pretty typical now with most cases having great features for building. Looks are the way a case can stand out and the White with Black acent look is a nice trend.

I wasn't trying to disagree. The appearance is always among the most important aspects of a case because that's what you and anyone else will see. If I came off as mocking or sarcastic, I'm sorry; it was not my intent. Though I do find it a little humorous how "pretty" was in all caps.

Guest_Jim_*.jpg

Needs more tigers.

#6 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15390 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

Though I do find it a little humorous how "pretty" was in all caps.

Well she really likes the way it looks. :lol:

sig.png

Booyah.

#7 Bosco

Bosco

OCC Boss

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32394 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

I really love the look of it. I am a big fan of the 600T white case and this looks great as well.

Main Gaming Rig
Intel 3960X
MSI X79A-GD65 8D
16GB of Corsair Vengeance
NVIDIA 780TI's in SLI
Corsair Force 3 GT 240GB SSD
Coolermaster 932 Case
Noctua D14 CPU Cooler
Thermaltake Toughpower XT Platinum 1275 Watts
3 X 24" LCD's
Donating to OCC :::: OCC Site Rules :::: OCC Reviews
RIP Verran and Nemo gone but never will be forgotten.

#8 zackhaf

zackhaf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

I have to agree. I quite like the look of the corsair cases. I like the fact that they are not outrageous or way to flashy.

Posted Image

RaidMax Tornado / AMD Phenom 9150e @ 1.8 GHz / 4 GB DDR2 / XFX 5670 @ 850/1050 / 650W PSU / 2 500GB HDD / HP 2009m monitor / Razer DeathAdder

#9 BluePanda

BluePanda

Lab Rat

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2256 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

I have the graphite version of the 600T and I still prefer it to the 500R. I like the way the case looks but I still like the feel and ease of the 600T.

I wasn't trying to disagree. The appearance is always among the most important aspects of a case because that's what you and anyone else will see. If I came off as mocking or sarcastic, I'm sorry; it was not my intent. Though I do find it a little humorous how "pretty" was in all caps.

Well...it was PURDY!!! lol. That and I get tired of writing the same things in reviews. After reviewing a bunch of a cases in a row they all start to sound the same to me. "This is a case, this is what it does." I at least try to keep those of you who read a bit of it somewhat entertained. :thumbsup:

Well she really likes the way it looks. :lol:

har har WACO. :glare:

#10 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*

ANTITHAT

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4494 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

Well...it was PURDY!!! lol. That and I get tired of writing the same things in reviews. After reviewing a bunch of a cases in a row they all start to sound the same to me. "This is a case, this is what it does." I at least try to keep those of you who read a bit of it somewhat entertained. :thumbsup:

I know what you mean; just look up my items on graphene. Occasionally I can find a way to fit in something entertaining to me, but often it's a joke that only I will get. First two to come to mind are the William Castle reference in Feeling the Games we Play which has a link to explain itself, and the "in fifty years" comment in Graphene Boosting Batteries is actually a small reference to my book, which itself is filled with references to even more things.
I did try to have some fun with the Superluminal Neutrino Paper Submitted to Journal item though. I asked bp9801, but wasn't clear with why, to post a comment before I published the item, saying I misspelled word. Would have been great if he had and the comment's timestamp was before the item's.
Thank you for entertaining me with the PRETTY! You succeeded.

Guest_Jim_*.jpg

Needs more tigers.

#11 boinker

boinker

Im a Watchin you......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3287 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

Nice review BP.

And yes I read them. :P

"It works Because I threatened it. :lol:" - " did you show it the sledgehammer" - "No, A flight of stairs"
"I don't want to be much of a forum Nazi but this situation calls for a hail Bosco and blitzkrieg someone".

If that does not work I hop in a Madcat and Blast it to microscopic Particles.

#12 Guest_evilneil_*

Guest_evilneil_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Looks great, I love corsair products, always high quality!