• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maxxx15

maxxx15

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

hello everyone,
i am a newbie in programming.I want to learn vb script.Can you send me a link of vb script tutorials or suggest me book??
thanks in advance.

#2 greengiant912

greengiant912

hl2.exe has stopped working

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1452 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

hello everyone,
i am a newbie in programming.I want to learn vb script.Can you send me a link of vb script tutorials or suggest me book??
thanks in advance.

first your going to want to get Visual Studio, pretty sure they got a basic version for free, its been sometime since I have used the free version..

Pretty much any book about VB is going to teach you the basics of VB and object oriented programing.

I always suggest that before anyone actually learns a programing language that they first learn the logic of programing. If statements, loops, etc... When I learned this I started with programing true BASIC.

Also being good at algebra helps a lot in programing.

What are you trying to write/build?

My Website  Twitter  XBL  PSN  STEAM

MSI Z68A-GD65(G3) - Intel i7 2600k - eVGA GTX570 Classified - 16gb Gskill DDR3 - Windows 7 Professional x64

15 inch Macbook Pro with Retina Display - Apple iPhone 5s 32gb - iPad 2 - 32gb - Xbox 360 Elite - PlayStation 3 (Slim) - Nintendo Wii - Xbox One - PlayStation 4

Server+ Certified - A+ Certified - Bachelors of Science in Information Technology

#3 RHKCommander959

RHKCommander959

Ghost

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1197 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:34 AM

VBScript or Visual Basic? How about Visual Basic .NET? Not quite the same thing there.

Depending on what you want to do there are many languages available to learn. Visual Basic is a rapid app developement language...

Intel Xeon X5650 6-core processor @ 4 GHz

ASUS P6X58D-E motherboard

Gigabyte R9 280X Windforce graphics card

12GB Mushkin Black 2000 MHz RAM

Thermaltake Toughpower 750W Modular power supply

120GB Kingston HyperX SSD and 2TB Toshiba HDD

Custom Watercooling loop with XSPC Raystorm CPU block

30" HP monitor 2560x1600

Razer DeathAdder mouse

Ducky DK9008S mechanical keyboard with Cherry Red switches

5.1 Logitech X-530 speakers

Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Alpha gaming headset

#4 maxxx15

maxxx15

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:23 AM

first your going to want to get Visual Studio, pretty sure they got a basic version for free, its been sometime since I have used the free version..

Pretty much any book about VB is going to teach you the basics of VB and object oriented programing.

I always suggest that before anyone actually learns a programing language that they first learn the logic of programing. If statements, loops, etc... When I learned this I started with programing true BASIC.

Also being good at algebra helps a lot in programing.

What are you trying to write/build?

I want to learn vbscript so that i can write codes in batch files..

#5 maxxx15

maxxx15

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:26 AM

VBScript or Visual Basic? How about Visual Basic .NET? Not quite the same thing there.

Depending on what you want to do there are many languages available to learn. Visual Basic is a rapid app developement language...

@RHKCommander959 I want to learn VBScript