Bulldozer!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice :) Are you going to be oc'ing it on water ?

What were the OC in the review on air? Can you disable 4 cores so you get the full 256 floating point bit or what ever? Measure the wattage drawn by it reviews are saying nearly 500w... maybe thats why the mobos have two power sockets?

What were the OC in the review on air? Can you disable 4 cores so you get the full 256 floating point bit or what ever? Measure the wattage drawn by it reviews are saying nearly 500w... maybe thats why the mobos have two power sockets?

No. You disable the whole module.

500W and more is when overclocked. At stock it's quite eco-friendly... it idles much lower than Sandy Bridge and under load it's barely above the 2600K. But yeah the performance/power under load is still better with Sandy Bridge.

No. You disable the whole module.

500W and more is when overclocked. At stock it's quite eco-friendly... it idles much lower than Sandy Bridge and under load it's barely above the 2600K. But yeah the performance/power under load is still better with Sandy Bridge.

I kept wondering how you knew this and then I saw that you are a reviewer... shame about module only... did you try quadcore(80%) performance? I'm confused is it better than a phenom ii x4 or x6?

Here mate how does the 2500k do better than the 2600k in Winrawr(actually zip....) at stock? Actaully never mind I've been reading it backwards... the old Phenoms do better :( Does Bibble 5 use multicore? Its not Bulldozers time yet...

Edited by Dan The Gamer