Cubitek XL Tank Mid-Tower Case Reviewed

Nemo

IDK guys, the case is all aluminum! If you want the price tag to be lower, then look for a case with plastic on it ;) I think if a manufacturer uses more expensive materials, then we should expect to pay more. You get what you pay for, and a PC case that is made from all aluminum, which is def not a standard in today's chasis market, is obviously going to cost more! Like I said, if your not wanting to pay this much for a case, then enjoy the plastic :biggrin:

I think price should be a con.

Then it would have plastic and lesser grade aluminum. I believe its using aircraft grade though I'm not 100% sure. I would also challenge you to find any other all aluminum case for cheaper than $189 because a great many more carry a $200+ price tag especially Lian-Li.

Who cares what it's made of? It didn't even perform the best :rolleyes: , I don't care if it's carbon fiber if it doesn't perform the best :P

It does accomplish other things some of those comparison cases that beat it out didn't have. It includes support for 8 PCI expansion devices which few cases do and supports XL-ATX if you happen to need the support. Plus some like that nice sleek polished black aluminum. :P Oh and if you didn't happen to notice it only got beat out by a case that cost almost $100 more than it.

Compxpert I have a question, does the 140mm fan areas support 120mm as well if you choose? I am asking so if someone wanted to use say an H60 or H80 at the rear or an H100 at the top.

Compxpert I have a question, does the 140mm fan areas support 120mm as well if you choose? I am asking so if someone wanted to use say an H60 or H80 at the rear or an H100 at the top.

None of the fans can be replaced with anything but the same size.

Who cares what it's made of?

um......I would think everybody would (should?) care about what a purchased product is made of, that isn't disposable of course :P I know I do, especially if I want something to last! I guess my point was better material and quality are always going to come with a higher price tag....as it should!

Good question Ed, never even thought about that when reading the review! But, with so many 140mm fans having 120mm mounting holes as well, these coolers could still be installed. Just have to be more creative in order to make it happen ;)

Good question Ed, never even thought about that when reading the review! But, with so many 140mm fans having 120mm mounting holes as well, these coolers could still be installed. Just have to be more creative in order to make it happen ;)

Fan adapter might work either that or like you said be more creative.