Diamond All-in-Wonder HD Premium 5000 Card Evaluated

Nemo

It would be nice if they could do with this with more powerful cards. I think if it could be like before if you were wanting the TV aspect or whatever plus gaming this wouldn't be to bad. :)

Weird

I had expected it to be one card, I'm no engineer but I can't imagine it would have been that hard to put that circuitry onto the 5570.

Then again maybe it is better to use up that 1x PCI-E slot with the capture card and then be able to (at your own leisure) upgrade to a more powerful gaming card.

Great review but overall I think the All-In-Wonder moniker doesn't really apply here, they should have just called it something else.

:)

Weird

I had expected it to be one card, I'm no engineer but I can't imagine it would have been that hard to put that circuitry onto the 5570.

Then again maybe it is better to use up that 1x PCI-E slot with the capture card and then be able to (at your own leisure) upgrade to a more powerful gaming card.

Great review but overall I think the All-In-Wonder moniker doesn't really apply here, they should have just called it something else.

:)

I'm probably mistaken but I went on the Diamond website, chatted with a rep and she said they don't make this card anymoe, which is why, I guess, can't find it for sale anywhere. This seems to be a recent post, so what is going on? I can really use a card like this in my HTPC, since the Hauppauge 2250 card is dodo-no HDCP.

While neither of the links on the review page worked, I did find this link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Multimedia-Video-Card-AIW5000/dp/B004FVE8W6/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

It is new, so there are no reviews there as of 3/12.

Edited by Interlocutor