Water Cooling Kits

dihartnell

Hey all, I've been considering getting into water cooling but dnt know a whole lot about it. In NZ the choices are very very limited and fairly expensive. I have no clue if these parts are decent or not so your input would be appreciated. Im looking at complete kits as I dont know what does and doesn't work together and not confident enough to buy. Water cooling advice is in short supply in NZ although Computerlounge has some experience.

Option 1

Get this kit from NZ. Prices NZ dollars.

Option 2

Get this XSPC RS240 kit from the US (FrozenCPU). What extras do I need to add?

Even with exchange rate, taxes etc should still be significantly cheaper than the NZ one. Probably $350 NZD.

your input appreciated. If there are better kits than either of these then send me your suggestions. Im in NZ so Newegg not an option. FrozenCPU are an option although the Freight and taxes etc will more than double it.

At this stage looking for something to cool the CPU and maybe expandable to other parts in the future. I figure a 240 rad plenty at the moment.

Wow, that is a huge price difference! Because of that, the XSPC kit it clearly the better choice! Have you though about asking a OCC member to help you out with getting everything from the US shipped to you at a reasonable cost? Just checked rates from USPS, shipping to NZ on a 5lb package is $60, 8lb is $75!

Yeah costs are high which is why almost no one in NZ does it.

As you say the XSPC Rasa kit would cost another about $68 USD to ship here. I dont know if that EK kit from CL is any good or not. I know someone withthe Rasa kit on an Phenom II x6 and he had good temps.

I can vouch for the XSPC kit I have that kit in my wifes rig and it has been going for a year now 24/7 with no leaks. I have a little to much on it with the video card and i7 but its better and quieter than an air cooling solution. Fan choice also makes a difference when it comes to performance as I built her rig to be quiet since it is close to the bedroom and used some noctua fans. I have to clean out the dust an dog hair tomorrow so may be able to post some pics

I can vouch for the XSPC kit I have that kit in my wifes rig and it has been going for a year now 24/7 with no leaks. I have a little to much on it with the video card and i7 but its better and quieter than an air cooling solution. Fan choice also makes a difference when it comes to performance as I built her rig to be quiet since it is close to the bedroom and used some noctua fans. I have to clean out the dust an dog hair tomorrow so may be able to post some pics

Thanks Ccokeman. One concern I have about the XSPC kit is that a lot of feedback on it is that the instructions are not that good. Hopefully thats not the case now.

Who needs instructions? The parts installation is pretty straight forward Find where they fit and install then route the tubing, clamp the lines and you are there. The one thing is with the XSPC system bleeding is simple. Just fill with coolant and cycle the pump on and off with the PSU until the lines are full and then top off the res. Make sure you run the loop for a good 24 hours with the system OFF to leak check the fittings. Also do not over tighten the fittings as you might pinch an oring.

Who needs instructions? The parts installation is pretty straight forward Find where they fit and install then route the tubing, clamp the lines and you are there. The one thing is with the XSPC system bleeding is simple. Just fill with coolant and cycle the pump on and off with the PSU until the lines are full and then top off the res. Make sure you run the loop for a good 24 hours with the system OFF to leak check the fittings. Also do not over tighten the fittings as you might pinch an oring.

I think thats the way I may go then. Even if I buy the RS360, I can get that for $350NZ all up and it will still avoid the customs duties (I think).

Cheers for your advice Ccokeman and Speedway. :cheers: