CrystalDiskMark SSD/HDD Benchmarks

El_Capitan

Crystal Disk Mark

This is more for informational purposes, not really a competitive contest.

Note: Using CrystalDiskMark on an SSD may wear out the life of it much sooner since it is testing write speeds.

Requirements:

1. Identify the controller and if it's a single drive, or in RAID. Give a description of what the SSD or HDD it is, as well as what type of SATA port it's in. For example: Marvell SATA III - Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB (single)

2. If on a RAID array, same thing as above, but with the type of RAID with how many drives. For example: ICH10R SATA II - 4 disk Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB RAID 10

3. Post a snapshot of your CDM score.

BENCHMARK RESULTS:

post-70939-12871530216138_thumb.png

Edited by El_Capitan

I don't really want to bench my SSD, but thats no matter anyways, it's not as fast as my Raid-0 array!

Yeah, that's some crazy fast sequential read/writes! How come it's max 233GB? That's just a partition, I guess?

Yep, 3 partitions in the raid array. Programs, media, and games.

Although they are 150Gb drives, as you know, when used in the OS, only like 142 usable Gb's are available.

My total space on that array is 698.7Gb's

But 5 x 150 = 750

Which is actually way more than I need, I only went with 5 drives cause I got the best speed with 5 .

6 VelociRaptors, actually are slower, in raid-0. (in sequential read/write speeds)

That's interesting. I wonder why 6 would be slower?

I wonder how my controller card with 8 Samsung Spinpoint F3's in RAID 0 would do? It's definitely not as fast in RAID 10 compared to your VRaptors!

I've read where those F3's are pretty darn fast!

That's interesting. I wonder why 6 would be slower?

I think it's due to my onboard controller, not sure? A dedicated Raid card would probably get better results.

Edited by AIinc