Geforce Gtx 465 Graphics Card From Asus Evaluated

Nemo

there is something wrong with the temperature testing the load temp at stock are 87 while the overclocked load temps are 59 ???? Nice review thought 465 not a good gpu 5830 is better

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_engtx465/17.htm

The fan speed will be left in the control of the driver package and video cards BIOS for the first test, with the fan moved to 100% to see the best possible cooling scenario for overclocking.

There is nothing wrong with the temperatures you just have to read the top of the page for how the testing was done, Fir the overclocking tests I move the fan speed to 100% to get the highest possible clock speeds. Usually this means the temperatures are cooler on the overclocked graphs. :thumbsup:

it is good but it does not do it's job as it was supposed to.

i hope that GTX460 can out perform it's contender or NVIDIA will be in a real mess.

Nice review on the card, I just wish the actual product was cheaper. That way it'd better compete with the HD 5830 since the HD 5850 costs just a bit more and outperforms the GTX 465 in most tests.

Great review! OCC has the best reviews, I think. Not so lengthy as to compare to a novel, good pictures, to the point, all necessary areas covered. :thumbsup:

The GTX465 looks good, but I think I'll stick with the GTX470 for my build. Who knows when I might thank myself for that little bit of extra video horsepower?

Nice review on the card, I just wish the actual product was cheaper. That way it'd better compete with the HD 5830 since the HD 5850 costs just a bit more and outperforms the GTX 465 in most tests.

dont forget that the 5850 used in this test though is the 2GB toxic edition which retails on Newegg for $379 and the gtx 465 retails for $280 on Newegg. so i'd say it does very well for its price bracket

PS a couple of the graphs on the Metro 2033 benchmark have an extra bar that called "null" that out performs the 465

Edited by bilcliff