Google TV announced

sdy284

So it's basically Tivo swivel search except you have to clear your search history otherwise it might end your marriage?

On a more serious note, this is kinda interesting. It would be incredibly awesome if they teamed up with the cable/satellite providers and allowed the Google TV box to search through their TV Guides as well. That level of integration would make it a must buy in my book, but sadly I don't foresee it playing out like that.

hum we all have the exact same thing if we have a HTPC.... we just have to do it ourselves....this will just put it all in one app...like a search engine for search engines...

and Unlimited internet...well that should be a given...if you have a HTPC now and net plugged to it...you have that too and arent limited to one browser....

needs a little refining...I have the same thing with win7 and boxee....or joost or hulu or whatever you use....

Just mentioning, but Google TV seems like nothing more than an HTPC powered by Google. I mean, the small screen argument. So? Hook your PC up to a TV and there you go.

Although it could be more convenient in the sense that the box could allow older TVs to have this capability. And you could have a remote more easily too.

However, I doubt that I'd ever be a new TV that had Google TV built in already. I'll stick to satellite, thanks.