Nvidia GTX 480 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one who buys these ultra high end cards, so this particular statement from the review interests me the most:

ATI has filled its product stack from top to bottom so nVidia has its work cut out for itself, filling up its stack to compete with ATI at all price points. To achieve this, nVidia built a scalable architecture that uses GPU clusters so you can drop clusters (four on the GTX 480) to reach a performance and price point. It will be interesting to see how nVidia fills out its DirectX 11 portfolio.

I'm waiting to see how Nvidia fills the $200-300 sweet spot, currently owned by the 5830 and 5850. Can't wait!

hey guys, i jz wondering how an overclocked ati 5870 perform againts an overclocked gtx 480? what we have in the review is an overclock gtx 480 v a default clock ati 5870, that's quite unfair, isn't it?

hey guys, i jz wondering how an overclocked ati 5870 perform againts an overclocked gtx 480? what we have in the review is an overclock gtx 480 v a default clock ati 5870, that's quite unfair, isn't it?

No you have a stock HD 5870 vs a stock and overclocked GTX 480. First colum is GTX 480 Second is GTX 480 overclocked so you can see what a stock and overclocked GTX 480 do against an HD 5870

No you have a stock HD 5870 vs a stock and overclocked GTX 480. First colum is GTX 480 Second is GTX 480 overclocked so you can see what a stock and overclocked GTX 480 do against an HD 5870

This sort of thing will be handled in the new graphs that are coming up so just hang in there :)

yeah, we now that. but what about an overclock gtx 480 do againts an overclocked HD 5870 then? or may be with HD 5890? with new ati driver as well as overvoltage tool, may be it can beat up gtx 480... :rolleyes: