6 replies to this topic

#1 Nemo

Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:35 AM

If you're interested in getting over-the-air TV on your computer you need to check out the Diamond ATI TV Wonder 750 USB - http://www.overclock..._tv_wonder_750/

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz / ASUS P5Q Deluxe / Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz / 2x Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB RAID 1 / Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB
Corsair TX750W / Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 / SilverStone TJ05 / Scythe Zipang 140mm CPU Cooler / ASUS VH202T-P 20" widescreen monitor (x2) / XP Pro SP 3
"however, i cannot claim to be such a fish as i am not a fish at all..." - hardnrg,Jul 4 2005, 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow OCC on Posted Image
Subscribe to the OCC Newsletter

Lucky Mudder Race 2013

#2 potatochobit

potatochobit

Queen of Nightmares

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1396 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:07 AM

I was thinking about getting one of the usb dongles

you should test a sling box as well, that is what I think I will end up buying

#3 Darth_Tom

Darth_Tom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:06 PM

Would this be able to stream video from the laptop (say movies) to the TV? I don't think I read something exactly like that, and I was curious.

#4 jlqrb

jlqrb

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

You can use AMD Live to connect to the PC that has the TV 750U installed and use that connection to watch TV from a Laptop, or HTPC via the internet. I Hope that answers your question.

Thanks

#5 RealNeil

RealNeil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:59 AM

If you're interested in getting over-the-air TV on your computer you need to check out the Diamond ATI TV Wonder 750 USB - http://www.overclock..._tv_wonder_750/

Good review. I am thinking of getting one of these things and I'll give this one a try.

CPU: i7-2600K CPU     Cooler: H80 Corsair with two Enermax TB Silence PWM fans.     MOBO: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3.     RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 GSKill RipJaws-X (four 4GB).     GPU: Diamond H7870 GHz Edition (times two) in crossfire.     SSD: Kingston 120GB SSD Now 300.     DVD Burner: Plextor PX-L890SA.     HDD: WD 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache (times two) in RAID-0.     PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W Semi-Modular 80+ Bronze.     Case: Rosewill Blackhawk With all fans replaced with Enermax (120mm & 140mm) TB Silence w/no LEDs.

#6 spauley

spauley

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

Hello. I liked your review and have this TV tuner but have yet to figure out how to record cable tv with it. I have tried plugging every cable into every place possible with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have managed to get it to see a vcr or camcorder or record live tv using the rabbit ears but that is all. Thanks in advance.

#7 spauley

spauley

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

Hello. New user here. I replied to another post but it may not be the correct one. Your review was great but I am having problems figuring out how to record cable tv with this card. I have the dongle with the s-video and RCA inputs. I have managed to record from a vcr and camcorder as well as live TV using the rabbit ears but for the life of me I can't get it to see any signal when hooked up to a cable box. I have plugged every cable in every configuration I can think of but still no luck getting signal or getting the computer to recognize the cab;e box as a valid input device. Any help wopuld be greatly appreciated. I was hoping to use it as a DVR with a 1TB external hard drive. I have a Toshiba Satellite with I5 processor and 4GB ram running Windows 7. Thanks in advance.

Spauley
[email protected]