PC Gaming dead? Hardly

sdy284

I'd really like to know where they go their numbers from. I was under the impression that Valve doesn't release Steam sales numbers, and Valve is not part of the PCGA. So did Valve actually supply number to the PCGA for this survey, or are those numbers not counting Steam? It would be amazing if it was the latter.

Honestly, I don't think that number is anywhere near close to what the sales are world wide, and I think it leaves out tons of very popular games as well because these games are sold through a single website only, MMO games are a good example of that.

People just think consoles are getting more money because more games are getting sold IN STORES(So the game with a box). Its just PC games are getting sold online now because it makes things simpler. Steam, you can just log in and play your games anywhere you want(As long as you are connected to t3h 1nt3rn3tz :lol:).

PC games won't die, not just yet ;)

:)

Glad to see this, may PC gaming last forever! (in one form or another) ;)

It will. They always keep trying to bury PC gaming but it will never happen. Although all the DRM stuff is certainly not helping the PC gaming cause. I have always been a PC gamer even though I have always owned a console my whole life. There just isn't a comparison. I could never play an RPG on a console. I usually limit console gaming to sports and exclusive console titles.

I have to agree with incrysis, only reason I even got a PS3 was because of it's exclusive titles, that and I use it to watch movies, which in my opinion it does a better job as a media player than a computer does.

I have to agree with incrysis, only reason I even got a PS3 was because of it's exclusive titles, that and I use it to watch movies, which in my opinion it does a better job as a media player than a computer does.

Yep. I bought a PS3 to play Uncharted 2 and MLB 10 The Show.