The Unofficial Battlefield Bad Company 2 Thread

WhenKittensATK

I. Information related to OCC

A. Official OCC BC2 Usernames Topic

B. How to setup your free home Ventrilo server

C. Krazypoloc's free to use Ventrilo server (always on)

D. OCC
and
groups. Useful for scheduling games.

II. Game information

A. Audio Settings

B. DLC (Released and Future)

C. Patches

III. Suggestions/Tips

A. How to unlock Battlefield Veteran Rank 1

B. Suggestions on how to record with Fraps

C. Gossamer's BC2 Launcher (GUI to edit settings.ini)

D. How to manually add servers to favorites

E. How to join someone's game on your Friend's List, but keep getting "Could not find server, Please Try Again"

F. How to improve hit detection (Reported to not work)

G. Where to get BC2 stats signatures

==============================================

I. Information related to OCC

A.
(Post your info in here)

B.

C. Krazypoloc's Ventrilo Server (free to use; 8 player slots)

krzywicki.homelinux.net

Default port of 3784

Password is g4m3s

D. OCC
and
groups. Useful for scheduling games.

II. Game information

A. Audio Settings:

Home Cinema Mixed with full dynamic range for loud playback on large speakers

Hi-Fi (default The default setting with standard dynamic range for mid-sized speakers

Small speakers Optimized for soft playback on small speakers with reduced dynamic range

War Tapes The most extreme setting for an intense audio experience

Headphones Specifically tuned for listening on headphones

B. DLC (Released and Future)

(released)

(released)

(Read Kit Upgrade DLC)

(Read Kit Upgrade DLC)

(released on 4/20/10; joint with the Dr. Pepper DLC and Taco Bell DLC; 360 only, PC and PS3 coming later)

C. Patches:

(Releases 4/21/10)

(Releases in the early week of 05/09/10)

III. Suggestions/Tips

A. How to get Battlefield Veteran Rank 1 (
)

Register your BF games

B. Some suggestions to record with Fraps:

The answer is

If you're uploading a big file, I would recommend using Internet Explorer to upload it. Only if you experience random internet disconnects, as IE will auto resume where you left off uploading. I use Chrome as my main browser and it does no such thing. I've haven't tested Firefox.

C.
- Gives you a GUI to edit settings.ini

D.

E.

F.
(reported to not work)

G. Where to get BC2 stats signatures:

Edited by Krazyxazn

Some more DLC has been released/leaked.

Specializations DLC: (Pay)

Assault: Unique camouflaged M16A2 and matching camo’s.

Engineer: Unique camouflaged UMP-45 and matching camo’s.

Medic: Unique camouflaged MG3 and matching camo’s

Recon: Unique Camouflaged M95 and matching camo’s

**The Spec DLC also includes 3 new awards and one Achievement.

Map Pack 2 DLC: (Free)

Arica Harbour gets new life with a addition of Conquest Mode.

Laguna Presa gets enhanced with Rush Mode.

The specialization DLC sounds awfully similar to the DLC provided through Dr. Pepper's promo codes. I will be posting all my Dr. Pepper promo codes when Dr. Pepper's promo page is updated to show BC2 unlocks. The promo codes are re-usable, but you have to make separate Dr. Pepper accounts to use them all. Similar to the Mass Effect 2 promo codes here.

PC BC2 Manual

Audio Settings

Home Cinema Mixed with full dynamic range for loud playback on large speakers.

Hi-Fi (default) The default setting with standard dynamic range for mid-sized speakers.

Small speakers Optimized for soft playback on small speakers with reduced dynamic range.

War Tapes The most extreme setting for an intense audio experience.

Headphones Specifically tuned for listening on headphones.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Hmmm...I read somewhere about the "unique codes" that everyone who bought the game NEW will get, and that they'd be used to unlock the day one map pack release that would otherwise cost $15. I also read that those unique codes will be reusable for later DLCs. So I'm guessing the second map pack will require that unique code...but even with it, you'd have to pay for the Spec DLC??? (talking about PC version ofc) Thats a bit strange but the again, I don't really care about skins, camo or achievement bs. I'm happy with the map DLCs... that'r actually useful and worth something.

Hmmm...I read somewhere about the "unique codes" that everyone who bought the game NEW will get, and that they'd be used to unlock the day one map pack release that would otherwise cost $15. I also read that those unique codes will be reusable for later DLCs. So I'm guessing the second map pack will require that unique code...but even with it, you'd have to pay for the Spec DLC??? (talking about PC version ofc) Thats a bit strange but the again, I don't really care about skins, camo or achievement bs. I'm happy with the map DLCs... that'r actually useful and worth something.

+1

The point of the system is for micro-transaction. It wouldn't be called an in-game store if they didn't make you pay for anything :P. If you look at BF Heroes' store you will know that EA DICE keeps all purchasable items cosmetic. If that doesn't work for you then fine. Other people like it and they will buy it. Currently the two planned map packs will be free.

However if EA DICE decides to release a booster pack (weapons + maps), don't expect it to be free. They may end up charging for it like the BF2 booster packs.

The VIP code system was introduced to give gamers an incentive to buy the game new instead of used. When games are bought used there is no money going to the developer. The used game market is pretty big, all you have to do is look on eBay and even retail stores. What the VIP code does is it gives you free access to the majority of the DLC released by DICE on release day and in the future. Not all DLC will be free, that why its called a store.

If you do happen to buy the game used, it would cost you $15 to purchase the VIP code. This something PC gamers don't have to worry about. It's mostly for Console gamers. Of course people do sell used PC games, but not as large as the console used games market.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Nice info to know.

Unless the game is a real block buster I doubt they will make a new booster pack for bad company 2 it is really a booster pack itself although most people don't think of it that way because they haven't played BC 1.

Know that I have had more time to look and play it I realize that it's almost the same game as bad company 1 except for news maps, better graphics, and a few new guns and features.

Edited by fire_storm

The supposed 2nd DLC Spec upgrades: http://badcompanytwo.com/dlc/

Still not sure if these are the same as the Dr. Pepper ones.

Know that I have had more time to look and play it I realize that it's almost the same game as bad company 1 except for news maps, better graphics, and a few new guns and features.

But aren't all sequels like that (wink wink). As well as games in a franchise.

They said they got a lot of DLC planned for this game and that's sounds pretty cool. It's got to be at least a year or more before BF3 launches. They will probably milk out everything they possibility can, until then.

One of their Interviews or Twitter posts stated that the Bad Company team will stay with Bad Company. Usually at EA DICE one group makes the game then another takes over all the patching and new content.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Milking prolly won't be a good idea. Team Fortress 2 got milked and look at it now, a pile of nothing. I loved it at the beginning when it didn't have any extra content. Extra maps for bc2 could be nice to keep the experience fresh but I hope they don't really intent to try and make the game be too many things at once.

The VIP code system was introduced to give gamers an incentive to buy the game new instead of used. When games are bought used there is no money going to the developer. The used game market is pretty big, all you have to do is look on eBay and even retail stores. What the VIP code does is it gives you free access to the majority of the DLC released by DICE on release day and in the future. Not all DLC will be free, that why its called a store.

I read about this, EA calls is Project Ten Dollar (lol), and everyone seems to be against it when I'm the only one who sees nothing wrong with it. It's like a Sapphire Membership Code on video cards, if you buy it new you get to enter in contests and get freebies like Futuremark software (including Shattered Horizon), while buying a used one will not let you use the code (as it has already been used),

The last one wasn't available on the PC, though. I've also heard that the single-player experience is very different as it moves closer to linearity. As for multiplayer, don't fix what ain't broke.

To me TF2's updates kept me interested in the game. I liked all the updates.

+1, it's too bad the game doesn't get updates on consoles, I heard that the amount of players on the console version is a joke compared to the PC version.

i Really.. REALLY wanted to try this game out (1st battlefield game for me) so i did a little searching around, and a couple of hours later i started playing the Single player. (i dont think its the beta, it looks complete and its got everything that overview video had so it must be a leak or something?)

Anyway, I just wanted to get an understanding and feel of the game and its mechanics (i hate that 1st few hours of a game where you have no clue what your doing, thankfully there was none of that here and i pretty much knew exactly what to do and when.) and to find out if it was something i could really get into. So far i have finished the 1st mission of the campaign and i think i need restraints on my arms to stop me from continuing any further :lol: the feel of this game is perfect! The controls are smooth and dont feel clunky, The graphics are Amazing and although i heared the singleplayer is only 6 hours or so, it feels jam packed.

Im DEFINATLY buying this when its released here in the EU, BIG thumbs up from me :thumbs-up: - and now regretably, i think im going to uninstall the game and waint untill its release, because i feel dirty not having payed for this little but amazing expericne :blush:

Edited by SenitaL

This video will help explain the overview of how to play Multiplayer part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M (NSFW: Language)

BTW servers have the option to turn off the red spotted arrow. Just in case you were wondering.

The first game was roughly 10 hours. However 6 hours sounds fine, means I can get into multiplayer faster :D.

Edited by Krazyxazn