TERA (MMORPG)

WhenKittensATK

I just found about this game today. A new company called En Masse Entertainment recently announced they are planning to bring over a Korean MMORPG known as TERA (The Exiled Realm of Arborea). It is a Pay to Play game developed by Bluehole Studio. Bluehole Studio has a team of experienced personnel in the MMORPG world.

I haven't heard of either of these, until today. It seems En Masse Entertainment is founded by former members of NCsoft, Blizzard, ArenaNet, EA, and Microsoft. So I would say they are an experienced group.

TERA is a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) in which you fight to protect the Valkyon Federation—an alliance of the world's surface races—while also battling for glory and power. With action-filled gameplay and riveting visuals, TERA promises a thrilling, engaging ride.

TERA is breathtaking, with stunning graphics that fully immerse players in its varied environments. Couple that with an exciting new combat system that provides fast-paced, intense battles and engages characters of all classes, and you've got a recipe for the best MMO experience to date. Craft the finest gear, form a group with your allies, conquer a world filled with treacherous monsters, and maneuver your way to the pinnacle of power on your server! TERA offers a unique endgame experience, one where players and guilds vie for control of the Federation.

In a world where gods slumber and demons scheme, the Federation needs brave heroes to take up the mantle of leadership. Through martial power and arcane might, you can join the ranks of heroes and save the world of TERA!

6 races: Aman, Castanics, Baraka, High Elves, Humans, and Popori.

8 classes: Archer, Berserker, Lancer, Mystic, Priest, Slayer, Sorcerer, and Warrior.

5 Videos (Has little actual gameplay in it, but there are glimpses of it)

Gameplay videos give a feel of Diablo (a lot of monsters against you) and a 3rd person hack and slash game.

A huge collection of Tera Online Gameplay videos

More in the huge collection link.

FAQ

Another good source of info

Expected release date for NA is early 2011.

Beta testing to start later this year, need to sign up for newsletter (always a catch, at least it's not a bad one).

Edited by Krazyxazn

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's what I meant. If there's no targeting, then it is a 3rd-person shooter. Basically what I'm asking is, do you have to be accurate to hit something? Or does being relatively close with your crosshair hit the enemy target?