Low Profile Noctua NH-C12P SE14 Cooler Tested

Nemo

Not every case has room for a tall tower-style heatsink, which is especially true in HTPCs. For those times, it takes a low-profile cooler like the Noctua NH-C12P SE14 - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/noctua_nhc12p_se14/

Quick question, aren't low profile coolers more likely to be used in something like an HTPC than anything that really needs to be overclocked? I can see the benifits in using it in a LAN box or something but I really don't see the need for that powerful of a low profile cooler. That is just me though, it really performs well and surprised the hell out of me.

And as always, great review ccokeman.

Edited by gabrieltessin

a couple of my friends bought the C12P because the U12P-SE2 were out of stock at the time. it works great and the 140mm fan is so quiet even without the noise adapters. the only con we found with it is that you may be limited in the mounting orientation depending on the location of your ram dimms and how tall your ram heatsinks are. i wouldn't recommend this heatsink if you have tall ram like gskill trident or ocz reapers especially if your ram dimms are partiularly close to the cpu socket.