16 replies to this topic

#1 Nemo

Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:38 AM

AMD has released new processors in both its Athlon II and Phenom II product lines. You can check it all out as OCC looks at the AMD Athlon II X2 255, X3 440, X4 635, Phenom II X2 555, and X4 910e - http://www.overclock...2_phenom2_2010/

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz / ASUS P5Q Deluxe / Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz / 2x Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB RAID 1 / Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB
Corsair TX750W / Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 / SilverStone TJ05 / Scythe Zipang 140mm CPU Cooler / ASUS VH202T-P 20" widescreen monitor (x2) / XP Pro SP 3
"however, i cannot claim to be such a fish as i am not a fish at all..." - hardnrg,Jul 4 2005, 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow OCC on Posted Image
Subscribe to the OCC Newsletter

Lucky Mudder Race 2013

#2 Bosco

Bosco

OCC Boss

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32397 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

Nice to see them coming out with new stuff. It would be nice to see a real high performer one of these days.

Main Gaming Rig
Intel 3960X
MSI X79A-GD65 8D
16GB of Corsair Vengeance
NVIDIA 780TI's in SLI
Corsair Force 3 GT 240GB SSD
Coolermaster 932 Case
Noctua D14 CPU Cooler
Thermaltake Toughpower XT Platinum 1275 Watts
3 X 24" LCD's
Donating to OCC :::: OCC Site Rules :::: OCC Reviews
RIP Verran and Nemo gone but never will be forgotten.

#3 Crazy_Nate

Crazy_Nate

Philosophy begins in wonder.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3918 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

Any news on when we'll see these at retailers?

OCC Recommended Power Supplies List - The Official OCC Raid Guide - OverclockersClub Rules - OCC Market Place Forum Rules - OCC IRC

Posted Image

Intel i5 650 @ 3.2 -- TR AXP-140 Passive -- Mushkin Blackline 2x2GB -- Asus Gene III P55 / mATX -- WD Caviar Black 1TB -- Corsair HX 750 -- Custom HTPC Case
AMD PII X4 965 -- Mushkin Silverline 2x4GB -- ASUS M4A88T-M -- WD Caviar Black 1TB -- Corsair HX 650 -- LIAN LI PC-V354A (Silver)

#4 The Smith

The Smith

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4283 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

Nice to see them coming out with new stuff. It would be nice to see a real high performer one of these days.

Except a higher clocked Phenom II X4, I can't see what they could come up with these days. The X6 is still a few months ahead.

Socket 1366 OC competition - 3DMark Competition - AMD Overclocking Competition
Posted Image
"They should have just called it the Intel Core iAMBROKE." -cirro

#5 Bosco

Bosco

OCC Boss

• Senior Admin
  • 32397 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

Any news on when we'll see these at retailers?

I would think pretty quick.

Except a higher clocked Phenom II X4, I can't see what they could come up with these days. The X6 is still a few months ahead.

Ya I agree. A 4.0 X4 would be nice lol

Main Gaming Rig
Intel 3960X
MSI X79A-GD65 8D
NVIDIA 780TI's in SLI
Coolermaster 932 Case
Noctua D14 CPU Cooler
3 X 24" LCD's

#6 Zertz

Zertz

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2574 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:36 PM

Ya I agree. A 4.0 X4 would be nice lol

Dream on!

The X6's should be interesting :)

Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

#7 Bosco

Bosco

OCC Boss

• Senior Admin
  • 32397 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:21 PM

Dream on!

:lol:

Main Gaming Rig
Intel 3960X
MSI X79A-GD65 8D
NVIDIA 780TI's in SLI
Coolermaster 932 Case
Noctua D14 CPU Cooler
3 X 24" LCD's

#8 ocre

ocre

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

Man AMD is cluttering up things with all these new cpu's. Its a lot to keep up with and it could have a counter productive effect. I can see the pressure with all the new fresh intel CPUs that have popped. I also believe that intel has cluttered their line up as well but most of their purpose was to knock AMD down a tad more in the budget market. These new amd cpu's dont offer anything against them. Actually i seen the athlonx4 635 for 145$ today. Thats ridicules. I think its a risk: too many new cpu's with different specs that very by only 100mhz. I cant see why they are bothering. Is it to show they can produce "new" cpus at a fast pace too? I mean intel at least had done a lot of work in a short short time and they now have dual core CPUs that keep pace well against AMDs quads. Whats the point in the athlon x4 630 then 635? 100mhz? Now amd has their fastest dual core with the athlon 555. A whole 100mhz faster!!!! I think they are supposed to replace the other chips they are so close to but if they do actually do so i think the older chips of 100mhz less would be a much better deal. So thats my take. I really cant wait till amd shows something a little more interesting. I heard there was gonna be a new quad core when the 6core desktop CPUs hit the market. I dont know much about it, but it is supposed to be something new for real
" and always remember: The Truth is another LIE!"

#9 Zertz

Zertz

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2574 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

Man AMD is cluttering up things with all these new cpu's. Its a lot to keep up with and it could have a counter productive effect.

As much as I like to disagree with you, I totally agree on this one!

They need to phase out some models because their lineup is getting really confusing <_<

Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

#10 ocre

ocre

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:21 AM

As much as I like to disagree with you, I totally agree on this one!

They need to phase out some models because their lineup is getting really confusing <_<

You would

lol
" and always remember: The Truth is another LIE!"

#11 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20517 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:12 AM

Man AMD is cluttering up things with all these new cpu's. Its a lot to keep up with and it could have a counter productive effect. I can see the pressure with all the new fresh intel CPUs that have popped. I also believe that intel has cluttered their line up as well but most of their purpose was to knock AMD down a tad more in the budget market. These new amd cpu's dont offer anything against them. Actually i seen the athlonx4 635 for 145$ today. Thats ridicules. I think its a risk: too many new cpu's with different specs that very by only 100mhz. I cant see why they are bothering. Is it to show they can produce "new" cpus at a fast pace too? I mean intel at least had done a lot of work in a short short time and they now have dual core CPUs that keep pace well against AMDs quads. Whats the point in the athlon x4 630 then 635? 100mhz? Now amd has their fastest dual core with the athlon 555. A whole 100mhz faster!!!! I think they are supposed to replace the other chips they are so close to but if they do actually do so i think the older chips of 100mhz less would be a much better deal. So thats my take. I really cant wait till amd shows something a little more interesting. I heard there was gonna be a new quad core when the 6core desktop CPUs hit the market. I dont know much about it, but it is supposed to be something new for real

QFFT!!!
I love AMD's new proccy's for budget builders, they rock but they don't need all these variations of the same damn chips :angry: I just recommend the cheapest variation of them anyway lol

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: MSI Twin Frozr HD7970
Memory: Patriot 8GB 1600mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Razer Tarantula | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#12 ccokeman

ccokeman

Frank <3 Reesa

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11475 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:28 AM

You have to think that the old revisions will be disappearing as these hit the shelves. That said there is a lot of depth in the lower end so you can build on just about any price point!
Processor Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.6
Memory Mushkin 998995 Blackline 12GB 9-9-9-24
Motherboard MSI X58 Big Bang
Graphics ASUS GTX 580
Power Corsair AX 1200,
Monitor Gateway UXD3000, LG W3000H, ASUS VG236 x 3
Water Cooling By DangerDen & Swiftech
Follow OCC on Posted Image