Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced Chassis Reviewed

Nemo

Cooler Master has upgraded its popular CM 690 case and is releasing the CM 690 II case in two flavors. Today OCC looks at the higher of the two models as we review the Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced Case - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/co...690ii_advanced/

I don't believe there would be a major difference in cooling between the two cases. So, mainly it would come down to features and what you specifically need the case for. I have not used the Sniper case, but I have heard good things about it. If I were going to decide between the two though, I would get the CM690 II due to better cable management, lower price and I just think it looks much nicer (personal preference) than the sniper.

This is what Cooler Master sent regarding a side window. "A side window will be available in certain markets as a separate model and/or a separate side panel". "This future panel will be a clear acrylic design". Not sure when it is going to come, but it is in the works.

Wow, that SATA dock would prove extremely useful for me. I wouldn't even need a BlacX anymore. Cooler Master continues to make my favorite cases.

The dock worked great! I used it to run my operating system for a few days during the review and it ran no different than if it was internally in the case.

Edited by jlqrb

This is what Cooler Master sent regarding a side window. "A side window will be available in certain markets as a separate model and/or a separate side panel". "This future panel will be a clear acrylic design". Not sure when it is going to come, but it is in the works.

The dock worked great! I used it to run my operating system for a few days during the review and it ran no different than if it was internally in the case.

I thought maybe it was some sort of USB dock, but if it plugs directly into SATA its even better.

DID THE EDITOR SELL QUIET "QUITE".... WELL,IM CONSIDERING THIS CASE OVER STORM SCOUT.Planing to do modding n this case gave a lot of advantages over the storm scout.is it cheaper than scout or the same?if so.690 advance is the better choice.Small n compact not like HAF 922 but that case is the beast!! :P I want it 690 2 with see through side panel.they do sell it but i want whole panel see through.maybe they will make a side panel like storm scout which can add 2 fans.

Ha! Sometimes that gets by all of us. :blush:

I personally like this case over the scout and they are relatively the same price.

THIS CASE IS ALL VALUE COMPARE TO SCOUT!!THANK GOD I DIDN'T GET SCOUT CUS ILL BE SAD IF I GOT SCOUT OVER THIS!!I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CASE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE A SMALL ROOM :blush: OR LOVE COMPACT CASE :P .THIS CASE HAS 10 to 11 fans,SSD bay,GPU HOLDER,LIQUID COOLING FRIENDLY AND SPACE FOR THE ATI 5870.(sorry for the big capital typing as this is the truth)

I totally agree on the statement above!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have this case as of mid January and it is everything that is was advertised as. I saw on their web site (Cooler Master) for this case and the upcoming version with side window. Uhhhh, not much of a window. You will probably want to get the solid case and if you want to show and tell your rig, purchase a window kit that will support the two 140mm fans that are on the current model. Make sure that they are placed where they are currently at as they point strategically to both cpu and gpu sections. By the way, if you use a cooler like Prolimatech Megahalems, you will not be able to use the top fan slot on the side panel due to no clearance. The 80mm fan for the motherboard side of the case cannot support a 25mm width...I found out the hard way, same for the graphic card support. Must be 15mm thickness version of fan. Surprisingly, quiet for the amount of fans that I have inside (7 on case + 2 on cooler) Buy IT!!!!!!!!!!!1 :thumbs-up: