3 replies to this topic

#1 Nemo

Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:19 PM

We've reviewed several Thermaltake cases here at OCC over the years including the Element G and Element T. Now it's time to look at the ThermalTake Element V - http://www.overclock...take_element_v/

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz / ASUS P5Q Deluxe / Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz / 2x Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB RAID 1 / Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB
Corsair TX750W / Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 / SilverStone TJ05 / Scythe Zipang 140mm CPU Cooler / ASUS VH202T-P 20" widescreen monitor (x2) / XP Pro SP 3
"however, i cannot claim to be such a fish as i am not a fish at all..." - hardnrg,Jul 4 2005, 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow OCC on Posted Image
Subscribe to the OCC Newsletter

Lucky Mudder Race 2013

#2 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:25 PM

I actually like the looks of that case and the other Element cases.

I like how 120+mm fans are coming out of the cheap/gaudy stage and into the mainstream market as well.

Seems like its a pretty decent case, imagine 9 2TB drives in there though?

:lol:

Awesome review as usual Comp.
Posted Image

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#3 doggrell3000

doggrell3000

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

dear occ

i want to build my first 'puter ever . two things deter me from starting this continuously delayed project : i am flat broke and i keep reading about new hardware developments on the horizon . so all my design dreams are complete bull crap . having said that - on to the excellent review of the thermaltake e v . i personally lust after more austere case designs like the corsair obsidian 800d and the lian li pc x1000 , but these big guys cost a fortune and don't do tricks like light up like a christmas tree . compared to the aforementioned chassis the thermaltake e v is a bargain even if it does resemble an electric space heater on steroids . however in a few months various enthusiast cases will begin sporting both esata 3 and usb 3 ports . i am into computer audio systems ( being an electric piano lover ) and i believe the coming era of usb 3 will open up bandwidth and gadgets heretofore unimagined in computer audio hardware . and of course in a few short months the thermaltake element v will be available on newegg for $ 75 usd . but then i will read about the new thermaltake element vii ( right here in occ ) which will sport esata 3 and usb 3 ports ( and also grill steaks on the top ) and i will want one of those instead of last years model which will then cost nothing and include a free discontinued five terabyte ssd . but i digress . i keep wanting to commit to a new case ( and thus a new 'puter build ) but you guys keep upping the hardware lust anti and i cannot make up my mind . anyway -- thanks for another great review . btw , the old dell optiplex gx110 with intel p3 that i am writing this on will one day be donated to the smithsonian ... assuming i ever make up my mind on a new case . i sort of wish the thermaltake e v was all black on the inside .... which is the new cool look these days .

#4 j2t

j2t

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:17 PM

That first inside pic really made me think of my old Stacker, I like. I have to say though my favorite features is the layout of the front USB and eSATA ports. They look nicely spaced so that if you have a wider USB device (like the Patriot Xporter Magnum) it won't block the one next to it. Nice work by Tt here and nice job on the review.