7 replies to this topic

#1 Nemo

Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:19 AM

Our latest review covers the Titan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ (RB) - http://www.overclock...s/titan_fenrir/

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz / ASUS P5Q Deluxe / Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz / 2x Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB RAID 1 / Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB
Corsair TX750W / Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 / SilverStone TJ05 / Scythe Zipang 140mm CPU Cooler / ASUS VH202T-P 20" widescreen monitor (x2) / XP Pro SP 3
"however, i cannot claim to be such a fish as i am not a fish at all..." - hardnrg,Jul 4 2005, 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow OCC on Posted Image
Subscribe to the OCC Newsletter

Lucky Mudder Race 2013

#2 tacohunter52

tacohunter52

R34CT1V4T3D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2747 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:00 PM

Great Job :thumbs-up:

Posted Image

Generic Most Awesome Sig

#3 Guest_ajmatson_*

Guest_ajmatson_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:59 AM

That is a nice looking cooler. ;)

#4 pikva

pikva

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:06 AM

Thank u for the review and test for Titan Fenrir..
I am building a new system and planning to get fenrir for that..
my spec will be i7 920 and msi pro-e motherboard which is similar to that what u used in review..
In some tests, dependidng on the motherboard the FENRIR after intallation took the Dimm slot (one of 6)
Can u please specify, did u face the same problem, or will i face it while the installation..

thank u in advance!
p.s. what can be suggested frequency reached for normal 24/7 work?? case antec 902...
Please respond soon!!! only have a few days to decide..

#5 Zertz

Zertz

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2574 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

my spec will be i7 920 and msi pro-e motherboard which is similar to that what u used in review..
In some tests, dependidng on the motherboard the FENRIR after intallation took the Dimm slot (one of 6)
Can u please specify, did u face the same problem, or will i face it while the installation..

It really depends on the board and RAM combination. Unless you get tall RAM, it will fit below the heatsink and unless you get 6 sticks, you won't run into any issues at all.

Great choice on the Fenrir btw :)

Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

#6 pikva

pikva

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:34 AM

thank you for response,
u mean there can be a problem with one dimm slot, while adding another 3 ram parts??
which can be solved through buying the low profile ram?? i didn't see any lowprofile ram..
but can the cooler be placed another way round - so that the vent looked down.. will it solve the problem?/
motherboard MSI PRO-E, i know fenrir is a very effective cooler but i don't want to block another dimm slots..

#7 pikva

pikva

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

just installed my fenrir, it suited the motherboard and ram slots, ok
several millimeters i have between dimm slots and fenrir, i am happy
thank u for help1
buy fenrir it's No.1 for its cost

#8 Zertz

Zertz

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2574 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:31 PM

just installed my fenrir, it suited the motherboard and ram slots, ok
several millimeters i have between dimm slots and fenrir, i am happy
thank u for help1
buy fenrir it's No.1 for its cost

Nice to hear :)

Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.