Your Username

Eva_Unit_0

I thought it might be interesting to hear why you guys picked the usernames that you did. Some are rather self-explanitory, but others simply look like random letters and numbers. I'd like to hear the story behind them.

I'll go first, I guess. I'm a huge anime fan, and my favorite is "Neon Genesis Evangelion"...anybody who has seen the series knows that the 3 Eva Units (0, 1, and 2) are huge living machines that were created to fight off the angels. They also have the ability to do things like, say, begin the apocolypse. In the series, Eva Unit 0 becomes God (along with the loser main character Shinji) after initiating the apocolypse...thus, I chose it for my name.

Anybody else?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked mine because its functional. Its easy to remember, its the same name i use for every forum and every login i have plus, its my last name with the first letter of my first name. I guess whne it was assigned to me in school as my username, it just kind of stuck and ive been using it ever since. :blink:

Well.... actually picked it ages ago when I was trying to register the name "disturbed" somewhere. It was taken (imagine that), so I thought I'd get creative and go with "d1sturb3d"... looked at it for a min, thought it looked like something a wanna be l337 haXXor kid would use, thought about it some more, and ended up with "d3bruts1d".

Ended up sticking with it, because:

1- Easy for me to remember

2- Not something that is EVER going to be taken when registering a nick somewhere.

3- Not a name that spammers will come up with easily.

4- It's unique.

5- Everyone knows me by this or "d3".

My name is charlie, but it was taken as a nick in gamesnet. Char1ie wasn't. Mine was rather self explanatory, but I thought I might as well justify the "1" anyway. I use it for lots of stuff and it is just easier to be consistent...

Mine is a combination of two things. Paranoid came from a Black Sabbath album (Avatar pic), and the number 600 came from the computer I was using @ the time I registered it as my e-mail adress - Pentium 3 600MHz.

Well the General came from well CNC generals the game that i just got at the time I joined. I hated it. anyways the 912 that i add comes from when i was an AOL junkie. I found the light and converted from those sinners! so when i registered the name was always taken on aol. so i just put 912 and used it ever since.

ive had this nick for about 7 years now.. I was 14 when I chose it..

In all actuallity I thought I made the name up..

I looked it up in a dictonary, and nothing.. so I was like cool.. I made it up and everything..

Well.. when I finally got the internet.. I went online and I just typed it in.. turns out its an actual word..

Psychological Warfare is what it means.. and I was kinda disapointed.. but in the long run its still cool! lol..

Ive never seen anyone other then myself with this name.. so Its a keeper.. :)

hmmm... im not sure, its original and partly becuase I want something like this invented it and there probabaly is at least protypes of this kind of technology. :ph34r:

All I know is it has to do with microelectronic circuitry interfaceing with neurons, hopefully I will be asked to do a thesis on a new technoloy or maybe I can work it in to my Uni work :ph34r:

And its cool B)