Is There Any Reason Why Flv Files Wouldn't Play Anymore?

Assassin X

I download FLV files on occasion and I usually use Real player or some FLV player I have to watch them. But for some reason suddenly they won't play anymore! I even tried 10+ other programs off the net but none would play them either!

To be safe I downloaded FLV files from various sites. And none of them play! To take it one step further I tried using some FLV converters to see if that still works at least and it won't!

Any ideas to what the problem is or how to fix it?

Zoom media player

Media Player Classic

VLC

Should all play them.

You might as well install CCCP (The combined community codec pack -- direct link) as nrg said, if that doesn't work then you have a serious problem...

Is this still on that XP install that you double installed?

Sometimes that can screw things up quite a bit.

Well I never got around to installing windows over itself. The computer seems to be fine now for the most part for some reason.

I installed that CCCP along time ago. Maybe I need to install a new version of it?

As for flash. How do you uninstall and reinstall it properly?

I can get the WMP to play it. For some reason I didn't try that. But besides the regular plays not playing it I still also can't convert and FLV files with anything. I noticed when playing them through anything but WMP it runs and you see the timer and all and like a messed up square (viewing window).