Pros:

Temps

Dominating performance

Price

Cons:

3DMark06

Price

El-Oh-El.

What happened to the higher resolution that was supposed to be here in Jan?

Other than that, nice review.

What happened to the higher resolution that was supposed to be here in Jan?

Unfortunately our testing at 2560x1600 was not accomplished in time for this review. The monitor was setup and ready to go when I powered it up she was just a kaleidoscope of colors. The monitor appeared to have had a nice bit of hidden damage in shipping and was just not replaced in time for this article. Look for a followup with testing at 2560x1600.

I can't believe the straight up 4870x2 beat the GTX295. I would like to see what it can do against other variants of the 4870x2.

I was really excited about the GTX295 because I thought it would smash the 4870x2, how wrong I was.

I can't believe the straight up 4870x2 beat the GTX295. I would like to see what it can do against other variants of the 4870x2.

I was really excited about the GTX295 because I thought it would smash the 4870x2, how wrong I was.

Did you not read the review? It out performed the 4870x2 in every single game at every resolution. Only thing it didn't win was 3dmark06. But honestly who cares....the real world performance is what really matters. The 3dmark score will probably go up with the newest driver that was just released.

I'm really not so surprised at the GTX 295 outperforming the 4870 X2. The 295 is really two GTX 260's on one PCB with unlocked streaming processors and a shrinked manufacturing process. Keeping those advancements in mind, the GTX 260 (216) and the 4870 (1GB) trade blows as it is, so I'm not really shocked. Great card none the less, hopefully 2009 sees some power usage shrinkage!

• 1 month later...