nvraidservice.exe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 djjimmyswift

djjimmyswift

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:00 AM

nvraidservice.exe gets installed along with the the nvidia drivers & is set to load at system startup, specifically on systems with a raid config

Does anyone know exactly what this process actually does?

system performance is the same, regardless of whether its loaded or not. But the process takes up about 3megs & I'm a regular scrooge with system resources.

I loaded Lava-softs adwatch the other day & it deemed it a suspicious service & killed it.

Anyone have the answer to this one? thanks in advance.

#2 jrp65

jrp65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:49 PM

Hre is something I saw recently on another persons system "WinPatrol Plus" software provided this snippet.

nVidia RAID Service – NVRAIDSERVICE.EXE

A file called nvraidservice.exe comes installed on nVidia nForce-2 and nForce 3-based motherboards. This file is required to provide RAID services. You can learn more about what RAID si and why you need it at http://www.nvidia.co...ature_raid.html.

There seems to be a conflict between nvidiaraidservice.exe and the drivers for the SoundBlaster Audigy ZS 2 sound cards that generates an error stating that nvraidservice was interrupted and can't load. If you're having this problem, consider using WinPatrol to disable "SBDrvDet". That should fix it.

#3 caelum

caelum

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:55 PM

just incase the filename wasn't enough to tell you what it was....

#4 djjimmyswift

djjimmyswift

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:04 AM

hey Thanks for the response.

But what I meant was. What does the nvraidservice.exe actually do?
Because the system seems to run perfectly fine without it.

#5 Capt Proton

Capt Proton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:46 PM

Google is your friend.

From WinTasks Process Library
Description:
nvraidservice.exe is a process associated with nVidia NVRaid. It is a hard disk utility required if you are using a RAID system.

From Castle Cops: nVidia NVRaid - hard disk striping/mirroring utility for increased performance and reliability. Required if you have a RAID setup.

From PC Review
Description: nVidia NVRaid - hard disk striping/mirroring utility for increased performance and reliability. Doesn't seem to be required if you have a RAID setup as there is no performance difference without it