Computer Ed'S Operation Smoke Screen

VaporX

As others have said I use Ad blockers anyway, so never see the ads wether targeted or not.

However, I would much rather the ads ARE targeted where I to see them. Everyone sees this as such an evil, but I don't really care. At the end of the day If I am browsing to buy a new CPU or GPU, and the ads that pop up are for those products, why not? Never know, they MAY actually link to site I could buy from.

In a way, I wish this worked with TV! If they knew I am not interested in bloody hair products but instead in buying a new car that would make an ad break much less tedious, as I just MIGHT be interested, as opposed to how it presently stands where 99% of the ads are just nothing I would ever buy.

I really dont see the negativity associated with this kind of "snooping".

Got a Club card for your super market? Well I use mine every time I go, and guess what now when I log in to do online shopping it already has all the products I like and gives me offers for things I may buy.

People get far too protective of there "privacy". Especially as most of the people who are opposed to it post there entire life to social networks, with little to no privacy settings enabled.

/rant

As others have said I use Ad blockers anyway, so never see the ads wether targeted or not.

However, I would much rather the ads ARE targeted where I to see them. Everyone sees this as such an evil, but I don't really care. At the end of the day If I am browsing to buy a new CPU or GPU, and the ads that pop up are for those products, why not? Never know, they MAY actually link to site I could buy from.

In a way, I wish this worked with TV! If they knew I am not interested in bloody hair products but instead in buying a new car that would make an ad break much less tedious, as I just MIGHT be interested, as opposed to how it presently stands where 99% of the ads are just nothing I would ever buy.

I really dont see the negativity associated with this kind of "snooping".

Got a Club card for your super market? Well I use mine every time I go, and guess what now when I log in to do online shopping it already has all the products I like and gives me offers for things I may buy.

People get far too protective of there "privacy". Especially as most of the people who are opposed to it post there entire life to social networks, with little to no privacy settings enabled.

/rant

I think it matters to people that have something to hide. ;)

For example, say I kill someone and I want to know how dispose of the body properly, so I search for it. All of sudden I have ads from google about buying a shovel and the FBI is knocking on my door.

I think it matters to people that have something to hide. ;)

For example, say I kill someone and I want to know how dispose of the body properly, so I search for it. All of sudden I have ads from google about buying a shovel and the FBI is knocking on my door.

Just for buying a shovel? Bah.

Best way to get rid of a body is by dissolving it in Hydrofluoric acid. That's odd, there's a commotion coming from outside, brb.

Just for buying a shovel? Bah.

Best way to get rid of a body is by dissolving it in Hydrofluoric acid. That's odd, there's a commotion coming from outside, brb.

No, I meant like you do the search, two days later you see an ad for shovels, then hear a knock on the door. Don't really have to buy the shovel. :lol:

Why am I even responding? You aren't even at your desk right now. :teehee:

No, I meant like you do the search, two days later you see an ad for shovels, then hear a knock on the door. Don't really have to buy the shovel. :lol:

Why am I even responding? You aren't even at your desk right now. :teehee:

I know what you meant. ;)