2013 Firearms Discussion

Nyt

...i found out my state, (sometimes stupid California), does not approve of the gun i want to buy for my personal carry,...it's only approved for sale to law enforcement    ...i'm feeling pretty bummed out right now,.. :cry:

Hmmm,  did you have any desiccant packs in there?

Foam padding is great for transportation but not so good for storage, it actually absorbs moisture from the air.

Get a small softcase to store it inside of, they make them impregnated with silicon that wont let any moisture in too IIRC.

Also it can't hurt to give it a light coat of oil before you store it either.

Hmmm,  did you have any desiccant packs in there?

Foam padding is great for transportation but not so good for storage, it actually absorbs moisture from the air.

Get a small softcase to store it inside of, they make them impregnated with silicon that wont let any moisture in too IIRC.

Also it can't hurt to give it a light coat of oil before you store it either.

Thanks for the tips, I guess I should have some in there if I can find any little packets around the house (maybe in some old shoe boxes) for now.

Sounds like I'll need a better case to store it overall though...wish I was able to transport it more...because that would mean it's actually getting used :glare:

What would be a good way to get it back to new(ish) condition again? I'm sure I can't just oil away the rust right?

Pelican waterproof cases are pretty good with moisture iirc.

With a name like that, they better be lol

Here's the damage by the way:

Rusty22A1-1_zps587c91e1.jpg

Rusty22A1-2_zps22c7085c.jpg

Edited by IVIYTH0S